What is this Bersa I have found? 86?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this Bersa I have found? 86?

I saw a blued Bersa today- looks brand new. Its 380, but has what appears to be a double stack size grip. It has brown wooden grips with a silver color medallion on lower end of grip.
    I was not able to handle it because the store was too busy to wait on me. The price is $269.99. I can see finger prints on the slide, but this gun appears to have not been used. I can get about 2 feet from it through the glass.
    I can read on the barrel. "Imported by R.S.A." and looks like Ocean City NJ. I could see the # 86 on the tag, though it does not say Model 86. It might be a tad bigger than my Thunder 380?
    If it is an 86...anyone know if these are as good as the Thunder series?
    Like I said....this gun looks new.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Re: What is this Bersa I have found? 86?

I think the 85 was blued or nickeled and the 86 was a matte finish. Also, I think the mags are as common as hen's teeth.
    Pollyb should be around in a minute.
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Comment

Perhaps I should ask....as I intend to get back and take a close look at this gun.....are these older model Bersas (assuming that what it is) of the same general quality as the Thunder series? From what I can see online..they are 13 round mags.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Mid 90's, I think??
        Also, I think they are the predecessor to the Thunder Series.

Go Here: http://web.archive.org/web/200807051...om/family.html

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
        Ayn Rand

Comment

Since I bought a near mint condition for a used Ruger Stainless P89 9mm for 179 from a LGS, about 9 mo. ago you would think that Bersa be would a lot cheaper that my Ruger.

Comment

My dad gave me a new mod 85 back in the late 80s.. I'm thinking that series ran into the mid 90s. I still have it and its been a great gun. It’s what started me down the road to my Bersa obsession. My 85 is blued with wood grips I'm thinking the 86s are Matte w/plastic grips. I believe the frames are the same design... They are the predecessor to the thunders and would very similar to the current BT380plus. I would not hesitate to purchase one based on my 25 years or so of flawless experience with mine.

Comment

My neighbor had one and it was as reliable as as a timing clock. I would love to have one. It is an especially nice find.

Bill
              W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?

CERTIFIED ARMED INFIDEL
              NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

"WHEN THE GOVERNMENT TAKES AWAY THE CITIZEN'S RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, IT BECOMS THE CITIZEN'S DUTY TO TAKE AWAY THE GOVERNMENT'S RIGHT TO GOVERN" GEORGE WASHINGTON

Comment

Found this on Model 85
                https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...nehZAEPGX7GiQg
                ✟✟✟ USAF, Retired (Aka-9UC)
                "...and HE said..."he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Luke 22:36
                Life Mbr: VFW, DAV, VVA, VSPA, NRA,

Comment

@mustang652.....looks just like the pic except the medallion on the grip is silver color.

I honestly think its been put up for a long time...and $269???
                  Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

If it's blued, it has to be an 85

Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                    X