Bersa 383, should I or shouldn't I?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bersa 383, should I or shouldn't I?

There's a 383 exactly like this one sitting at my LGS.

It's in decent condition and they're asking $250. Is it worth it and what if any info does anyone have?

Re: Bersa 383, should I or shouldn't I?

I think little high. If it breaks might be hard to find some parts not sure about mags Polly the expert and will be along . Add 50 bucks and get a new Thunder
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
      Add 50 bucks and get a new Thunder
      That's what I was buying when I saw this one.

Comment

I agree, maybe a little high for an older gun- but I have been eying a 86 for $269-supposed to be new.
        I see barely used Thunders for $250 for sale.

However....if you are trying to round out your Bersa Collection...its certainly worth trying to make a deal on it. Its awfully hard to find a handgun on the shelf for $250 now days.

I looked at a beat up Sig 228 with a bad mag last year for $500, after hem-hawing a bit....they finally said $300. I took it. Turned out to be a great deal.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Welcome cicpup

If it's a 383DA mags are almost impossible to find, even if it's a 383A parts can be difficult to find.

It is all steel, therefore heavier than a current Thunder and the price sounds high to me....

You should be able to pick up a slightly used Thunder for that price and as MT said a new one for $50.oo more

That said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and they do look different.

regards jab
          Long story short, jab is a male.
          Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Thanks all for your replies. Guess if I can't talk him down quite a bit I'll take a pass on it. Just wasn't sure if it was worth it from a collecting stand point. What would be a fair price?

Comment

In real good condition I might be in the 170-190 range........that's JMHO....prices are crazy right now.

I really don't think Bersas will ever have a "collectable" value.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Thank you. Guess I'll buy wooden grips for my Thunder and pretend. ;-}

Little plug for Bersa's. Bought myself a new Thunder 380 last week. Brought it home all proud and showed it to my wife. Bought myself a new Thunder 380 today...

Comment

Originally posted by cicpup View Post
                  Thank you. Guess I'll buy wooden grips for my Thunder and pretend. ;-}

Little plug for Bersa's. Bought myself a new Thunder 380 last week. Brought it home all proud and showed it to my wife. Bought myself a new Thunder 380 today...

Wives of Bersa Chatters seem to tend to do that. The only thing that saved my UC9 from my wife was it weighed just a tad more than what she wanted to lug around.
                  Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Hmmm! That's strange, you're the only one to have had that happen...........this week

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

There's a 383 exactly like this one sitting at my LGS.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3956[/ATTACH]

It's in decent condition and they're asking $250. Is it worth it and what if any info does anyone have?
                      Don't know if the price is high; all I can say is I have one that I really like, carry it a good bit, would buy another at that price out the door but that's just me. It is heavy but not so that its cumbersome on an OTB carry. I like the browned finish and I generally get approving nods when anyone comments on it. Like most weapons: longevity is a combination of maintenance and fate. Probably put 3000+ rounds thru it; overall I trust it to do its job should the need arise.
                      Picked up an extra mag for it at a gun show in December of 2012 for $20.

Comment

Welcome aboard latentcarry,

Thanks for your input on the 383.....is yours a 383DA or 383A?

regards jab

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by pollyb View Post
                          Welcome aboard latentcarry,

Thanks for your input on the 383.....is yours a 383DA or 383A?

regards jab
                          383A and thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X