Bersa 383 DA slide catch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bersa 383 DA slide catch

I have the above mentioned pistol with a worn slide catch or stop. Together with the magazine feed plate I have malfunctions where the stop catch pin gets stuck below the magazine plate it is supposed to ride on when the last round is fired. This causes the magazine to jam, and the stop or catch to fail to retard the slide and catch. There is a used part (slide catch) available on an auction site, but it is for an 'A' model, not the DA.... Looks exactly the same. Any advice out there? I ordered another after market mag, but might need to replace the slide catch as well... Will the 'A' catch fit the DA? Thank you in advance!

Welcome Ehelm. Our resident expert on out of production Bersas should be along to help you. In the meantime, we have an "Out Of Production" sub forum which you may want to browse for the answer.

https://bersachat.com/forums/forum/b...-bersa-pistols
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Welcome Ehelm.
      The slide catch should interchange between the 383A and the 383DA just fine. The only thing that is different about the two is the mag well itself. Their magazines will NOT interchange.

The magazine should have tang attached to the follower which activates the slide catch. If that tang is broken off it can cause the condition you describe.
      383DA mag tang.jpeg
      If this is the problem I do not have a source for a new follower or the lifter spring.

Good luck jab
      Long story short, jab is a male.
      Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
      X