Bersa Thunder CC manufactor date by serial number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bersa Thunder CC manufactor date by serial number

I know this is an older post and I am not trying to Necro here but I have been trying to find an online registry to look up my Bersa Series 95 serial# 334918. If there is anyone who can point me in the right direction I am all ears.

Comment

Welcome AR47vet, there is something called "Bersa Chapterhouse"?....something like that....which has some older information.
      I looked for it. but didn't find it. Although I don't think an online registry even exists.

Edit: This may link you up???... http://www.bersachat.com/forums/show...-HISTORY-Links
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by AR47vet View Post
        I know this is an older post and I am not trying to Necro here but I have been trying to find an online registry to look up my Bersa Series 95 serial# 334918. If there is anyone who can point me in the right direction I am all ears.
        Since Bersa doesn't have the big following that older genteel firearm manufacturers such as S&W, Colt, etc. have, no one outside of Eagle Imports seems to have taken the time to compile an SN database or devote themselves to writing a definitive Bersa opus. The man we turn to here at Bersa Chat for the older model knowledge is pollyb, who has shown himself to be the great Curator of Cobweb Information. You might send him a PM if he doesn't poke his head into the thread here.

The Bersa brand may not attract a lot of collectors, but it certainly has its fair share of acquirers.
        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

If your pistol came with a fired case in an envelope, the date on that will be within a few days of manufacture date. I don't recall a consistent problem that required an engineering change.
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by AR47vet View Post
            Welcome AR47vet,

I have never seen a serialization listing for Bersa's anywhere and even the factory can't seem to explain their method. It seems to be one up on whatever is in the production line at the time. The link brojohn gave you has the most information available.

That said your model 95 was made in 1995 and was Bersas introduction into the lightweight aluminum frame and changed to the Thunder 380 designation in 1996 to present.

regards jab
            Long story short, jab is a male.
            Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I contacted Bersa/Eagle Imports today and gave them my Thunder 9 Ultra Compact serial#: 636***. They wanted me to check that it began with a 6 and not a G. Once I verified it was a 6, they said it was made in 2004. They're even sending me out a handbook for my model since they only have the PRO handbook on their website. Super fast response and very friendly and helpful!

Cadet

"Insert funny signature line here"

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat Cadet. We have come to expect no less from Eagle. Great folks to do business with.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Hi, all...

I know most of you are referring to centerfire Bersa Thunders.

My wife recently picked up a used Bersa 226 that compares very favorably to a similar .22 Manhurin Walther we have.

The serial number is 817xx. The importer is not Eagle, but K-Max International Inc., Glenview Illinois 60025.

(Wow...they actually put their zip code on it?)

Any suggestions as to date?

Best regards...

...James

Comment

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
                    Hi, all...

I know most of you are referring to centerfire Bersa Thunders.

My wife recently picked up a used Bersa 226 that compares very favorably to a similar .22 Manhurin Walther we have.

The serial number is 817xx. The importer is not Eagle, but K-Max International Inc., Glenview Illinois 60025.

(Wow...they actually put their zip code on it?)

Any suggestions as to date?

Best regards...

...James
                    Welcome jamesy,

Here is a link to the Bersa Thunder 380 Chapterhouse thru web.archive.org Look here for some historic info.

regards jab
                    Long story short, jab is a male.
                    Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Thanks, jab!

I've used the Wayback Machine a few times, but never for anything gun related.

It's definitely a Third Generation model, made between 1983-1985.

Again, thanks for your help narrowing it down!

Best regards...

...James

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat jamesy.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
                        X