Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The info that I have from Eagle Imports/Bersa is that the change-over took place at about the mid "F" series (i.e. ~F55555 and above; "G#####" & above would certainly be the latest design).
    Please note that the old design is not forward compatible (i.e. you can't use the old-style magazine or magazine follower in the new-style model w/o modification). However, you can use the new-style parts on the older design.

If anyone has a a number of the older mags that they don't wish to scrap out, I can modify them to work in the new-style for a reasonable fee. Magazines can generally be shipped legally thru the mail, but there might be state/local regulations that I wouldn't know about, esp. in the Communist-wannabe states - i.e. 10-round max, etc.

Hope this helps out. If needed, please feel free to contact me and I'll tell you what to look for to be certain you have the latest design.

Wolfgang
    Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
    http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
    Tel: (503)429-7342
    [email protected]

Comment

Wherever you buy the pistol, they will have the s/n info (or they're OK w/ committing a felony for every firearm they send out) and they should be able to tell what that is before you buy. They may not be enthusiastic about this, but as the customer, you can insist upon it and have them send you an email confirming the s/n before it goes out. Or you can just insist on them sending a "G#####" s/n or higher. Always try to get it in writing if at all possible.
      W

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
      One advantage of dealing with a local gun store is that you can check out the S/N. I don't know how you'd do that on the 'net, or if you even can do it.
      [email protected]

Comment

I have 5 - 10 old-style mags that I have converted to work w/ the new-style pistols. I make the necessary modifications, adjust the lip opening dimensions if needed, and give it a quick cleaning. Cost is $50 per mag and includes shipping. If you order several at a time, I will give you a bit of a break as shipping 5 mags is only a few $ more that shipping one.

I also have a few factory new-style mags, but will probably put them up on ebay or Gunbroker. The modified ones seem to work just as well as the new ones, but some folks want OEM and are often willing to pay a lot for it.

Wolfgang
        [email protected]

Comment

Hello. Quick question. New member and new Bersa owner here. Why is it so hard to find magazines to purchase online for the Bersa thunder 380 plus? All online sellers are out of stock. I really don't get it. Parts / accessories for relatively new items should be easy to come by. I feel like I made the wrong choice of gun to buy.

Comment

I don't know the reason for the shortage. One thing is, as soon as some come in, they are gone in a short while. Eagle Imports had a call back system. You put your name on the list & they notify you when they came in, You might see if they still do that. Otherwise, your local gun dealer could order for you.
            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by Lancitoink View Post
              Hello. Quick question. New member and new Bersa owner here. Why is it so hard to find magazines to purchase online for the Bersa thunder 380 plus? All online sellers are out of stock. I really don't get it. Parts / accessories for relatively new items should be easy to come by. I feel like I made the wrong choice of gun to buy.
              Call Bersa directly. The products are fantastic so once you have your mags you won't think twice about your pistol.
              Finding mags for any "high" cap .380 pistol is difficult.
              Last edited by Abe Froman; 10-15-2020, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X