Big Advantage of our BT380

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Advantage of our BT380

The double action trigger on our BT380 protects us from this kind of event. I feel the BT380 is very safe to carry around. Not so with many pistols on the market today.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...t-or-accident/

Re: Big Advantage of our BT380

Saw a video once where a worn out holster collapsed in, hanging on the trigger as the pistol was holstered & causing a ND. I don't see how that could have happened in this instance or how bending over could cause it, even with a defective holster.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

This video was anonymously sent and I have to wonder if it was staged. However, holstering a striker weapon that has no manual safety requires extra care that clothing items do not jump in the holster with the pistol. At IDPA matches the range officer often helps new shooters to avoid this. I was just thinking of how safe the BT380 is to carry.

Comment

That hurt to watch.

And yeah, this is exactly why I prefer a stiff DOA trigger for anything I carry.

Comment

I agree that the BT 380 is a good/safe carry to prevent such events.

The da/sa triggers seems to erk some of the "experts" out there. But an unintended discharge is RARE with da/sa pistols- when holstering or moving around. Not so with SAO striker guns. The accidental or negligent discharge with these guns are extremely high. Lets face it....they don't call it "Bersa Leg"

The best striker gun I have seen with the best trigger is the Canik TP9 DA. It has a beautiful da/sa trigger. No safeties....but does have a decocker. After the first trigger pull it goes to SA mode and stays there until you hit the decocker. For a full size duty gun....I recommend it over everything out there. But for smaller light weight easy carry- ANY Bersa Thunder 380. Can not be beat for easy EDC.
          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Another Glock leg. Almost a non-lethal Darwin Award, That's when you shoot you d--k off but still live - still removes your genes from the gene pool.
            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I carry appendix. I always Holster the gun then put the holster and gun into place together. I don’t Holster the gun with the holster in the pants.

Comment

oh man!.....appendix carry!.........it hurts whats left of my feeble pride just to think about it. No....not me!
                Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

That is a Glock 43 I think my Range manager said when he showed it to me a few months ago. You notice the dog clearing out about 1 minute before the guy shot himself in the ding ding? Dog's know stuff man.
                  Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I have an Alien Gear holster made for my BT9Pro Ultimate compact. Don't carry inside WB I carry oWB if I shoot myself it will be creasing my Butt haha. Ain't takin a chance blowing willie away
                    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Boy that film is hard to watch.

DA/SA pistols have been my selection of choice for over 50 years specifically to avoid what happened to that guy. There are several other ways a holstered or pocketed gun can accidentally discharge, as well covered in this thread, so full double action for the first shot, or at least til you got the gun out.

Comment

I never could figure out why anyone would want to carry in the front like that. ESPECIALLY a gl*ck !!!
                        A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat tarheelcracker. 'Course, an exception might be a 1911 type pistol with multiple safeties.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by clag39 View Post
                            I never could figure out why anyone would want to carry in the front like that. ESPECIALLY a gl*ck !!!
                            It is reputed to be a fast draw. I tried it, but it interferes with access to my front pocket & that is a no-no for me. I opted for the next best thing, cross draw, which limits access to that front pocket, but not as much of a problem. The pistols I carry are either da/sa or 1911 style with a safety. Draw back to it, is sweeping an innocent person on my left as I draw. With practice, I've learned to keep muzzle down until I bring it on target & as always, finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by Dick View Post

That is a Glock 43 I think my Range manager said when he showed it to me a few months ago. You notice the dog clearing out about 1 minute before the guy shot himself in the ding ding? Dog's know stuff man.
                              Sorry, but LMAO! I was rolling on the floor with that one. There is NO WAY I want ANY muzzle pointing at "my stuff"! I never could quite understand that new appendix carry method. No way dudes, not for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X