Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Harrell: BT380 vs PPK

Link: https://youtu.be/SnL_waLDUxU

Last edited by John_R; 04-13-2019, 08:34 PM.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

He wants to dis the thunder quality..... but its difficult.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

He didn’t like the trigger, but I wish I could group as well as he does with a “poor” trigger.
      Certified Armed Infidel
      كافر

Comment

Paul contributed to getting my interest up in revolvers. He demonstrates that "for him" they are more accurate. So, I can partially blame him for my S&W 638 purchase. "For me," I'm about as good with a revolver as with a semi-auto, but not accurate enough to make a bunch of videos.
        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Yeah- me too....I was thinking he was shooting at 15 yards?
          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

That wasn't bad shooting for 15 yards! My Thunder Plus 380 and Thunder 22 both had stiff safety levers, and both had a little grit in their trigger pulls. After dry-firing them a couple hundred times (with snap caps!) and working the safety/decocker about 100 times, the grit disappeared from both triggers and the safeties on both guns became considerably easier. Frankly I don't want my safety levers to work EASILY, I WANT some resistance there! And even though he obviously was biased towards the PPK, the group sizes say it all.

The triggers on the Bersas will never equal the trigger on my 1911 45 or Colt Gold Cup 1911 22. And I don't expect them to. As for not being pocket guns, well DUH, that all depends on how big your pockets are! I live in Ideeho and wear a vest 100% of the time when I am out and about. I buy vests with large flap lower front pockets. My Bersa Plus rides in my right-hand lower front pocket very well! I just cut a piece out of a cardboard box the same size as the pocket, and slip the Bersa in there behind the cardboard and it doesn't print AT ALL. And it is VERY easy to get to standing, sitting, even when strapped into my SUV.

Comment

I have 2 Walther PPK's, a stainless Interarms, U.S.A. made, 1994 and an immaculate blue Interarms import German made and imported post FFA. Yes really a PPK not a PPK/s. Some were allowed to be imported for law enforcement agencies. Mine apparently escaped custody and found its way to me.

I have shot both Walthers and the Bersa Thunder 380.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind the the Walthers are much finer in workmanship and finish. HOWEVER, there is also no doubt in my mind the the Bersa is much easier to fire. The Walthers will give more felt recoil and can certainly bark up the web of your shooting hand. That's not my opinion alone as a search of articles and videos will disclose.

I should also point out that in my experience in shootings as a police officer, I felt absolutely no recoil. On the range however...

Comment

Working...
              X