Thunder 380 or BP380CC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunder 380 or BP380CC

I'm interested in buying a 380cal pistol and have narrowed it down to the Bersa thunder 380 or a Bersa bp380cc. I'll be using it for both concealed carry and practice at the range. I have arthritis in both hands and wrists I'm interested in knowing which shoots the mildest if anyone has compared the two side by side.

if your arthritis is mild with little to no joint swelling, then either should work, imo. If you have swelling then you should rent one at a range to test how well your finger motion fits the frame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

The CC will be easier to conceal, but the sights are almost non existent. I treat it as a strictly a point & shoot pistol. If you want a range pistol, the Thunder .380 has better sights & you don't give up a lot on concealability.

Welcome to Bersa Chat.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I have never held the BP380....but have several handguns very similar to it. I also have 2 of the T380 CC, 2 of the T380 Plus, and 1 T380 DLX.
        In my opinion.....the DA/SA triggers on the hammer fired Bersas are difficult to beat.
        If you were brought up on striker-fired guns (i.e....... glock)- and do not like DA/SA triggers- then the BP might be a consideration. But not for me.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Thanks for your comments I believe it's going to be a Thunder, I can test one at the range here, it's a combat plus but will give me a better idea as to recoil and grip size, it will be one with adjustable sights though. I will be going with a Thunder 380 at any rate, I do have smaller hands, the standard Thunder knight fit better though, or Thunder with a grip sleeve.

Comment

Sorry, I misread your post. You were comparing the BP380CC, not the .380CC as I thought, so my comparison is wrong. I don't have the BP380CC, but mainly because I don't care for striker fired pistols, so would naturally recommend the Thunder .380.
            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I have both.

My BP380CC has a 4# trigger and is strictly in a range gun/home protection role. I've mostly been a DA revolver user so a striker fired pistol with a light trigger is not something I'm comfortable carrying at this point. It sure is accurate and ergonomically pleasing. Fun to shoot.

The 380 Thunder has an 8# DA and 4.5# SA trigger. It serves in home as well and have an OWB holster for it; have no reservation about carrying it. However I mostly pocket carry a Pico or P-32.

I've had hand surgeries and I'm recoil sensitive. Have heard comments saying the Thunder is a soft shooter, some saying not so much. I have no issues with it. For me the recoil is not totally mild but certainly in no way sharp or oppressive, and really enjoy shooting it as such. A great thing about it is having a 22LR version available for cheap practice with no recoil.

For me the recoil is milder with the BP380CC. It's grip and trigger reach are more pleasing to me. But as noted above I'm not inclined to carry it at this point only because of what I'm used to.

You have two fine pistols to choose from, you already are ahead of the game.

Overall if I could only have one it would be the Thunder
              Clinging to my Bible and Guns

Comment

I have a BT 380 Combat (not a "Plus", but close enough). If they made them then, I'd have gone with the Combat Plus).

I love it, sights are good, I carry it everywhere in my back pocket, inside a pocket holster. Quick reach, quick easy alignment, and comfortable. A "Plus" would be even more so (they weren't available when I got my Combat).

Recoil is stout, but not as much as with a 9mm, and certainly less than a Ruger LCP/LC9. As far as "racking", rack the slide and chamber a round, then de-cock and put the safety back on and you're set for carrying. First shot and you don;t need to rack the slide to get things going. If racking the slide is tough, cock the hammer first - that will make things much easier.

DLX mags (9 rounds) work well in the Combat Thunder. I carry 1+8 (one round chambered, eight in the standard mag); a pull of the DA trigger gets things going.

Would like a Thunder Plus, but realistically, my 8+1 with a 9-round DLX mag and another 8-round mag as back-up probably works for me.

But I'm still looking...Mags are the challenge...

Comment

Hello OP,
                  I have several Thunder 380's, Thunder 380cc and a Bp9cc.

I would consider all of them to be very good in regards to recoil.

1. The Bp380cc should exhibit less recoil -vs- the Thunder 380's as it is slightly heavier.
                  2. The Thunder 380cc and the Bp380cc would both be equally easy to conceal, IMO. The Bp is a larger pistol but it is thinner so it somewhat offsets. I wouldn't consider either a pocket carry so there is no real size advantage. The Thunder 380cc would be easier to carry for longer periods though as it is lighter.
                  3. The Thunder 380cc does have small sights but for a ccw where you may be instinctively shooting it's a non issue. They however can be a slight strain on the eyes at the range in comparison to the others which have very nice bright sights.
                  4. The Thunder 380 instinctively points better then the Bp series (IMHO).
                  5. The Thunder 380's are better with precision shots, no comparison. The Bersa Thunders have a superior trigger and tighter sight window. The larger front sight of the Bp series may be more practical for ccw though.

It really comes down to what type of trigger you are used to. Nothing beats the smooth SA trigger of the Thunder 380's but you do have that initial long/heavy DA pull. I actually sold my 380cc because the size difference wasn't enough to justify it over the standard 380cc and I much prefer the better sights of the later.

God Bless,
                  Ralph
                  Last edited by Ralph III; Yesterday, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X