Thunder 380 slide locked open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunder 380 slide locked open

A friend called me about a Bersa Thunder 380 that has a frozen slide...he dropped it off today and wow, I have never seen anything like it. The slide is locked open, gun is unloaded, magazine inserts and removes, take-down lever moves freely but the slid is completely frozen; will not move forward or backward.

I have tried a plastic hammer hitting forward, backward, downward on the rear with the takedown lever both up and down...note, the take down lever does not stay down on its own, will move down about 80*. Trigger pulls, hammer is not bound, safety works on / off...but slide will not budge.

I have never seen a Bersa 380 before but the feed ramp to barrel mating looks a bit odd like the barrel is notched a little?

Any thoughts on what to try? I have messed with it about 30 mins and from Internet searches I can see this has happened before and Colorado Gun Works just replaces them vs. fixing on the two cases I found online.

?.......looking at mine.
    Only thing I see that might be an issue is the takedown lever. You say it moves freely? Can you feel a spring resistance when you operate it? If yes- then okay. If no?.....that might be the issue.
    Only other thing?.....could the pin that holds the ejector in place be loose? That could work out of place and bind on the slide.
    Have you removed the grips to see if anything looks out of whack? Mag safety? ?
    I don't know?
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat.That's a new one on me. Someone should come along that can help. If not, contact Wolfgang, a member who was a warranty 'smith until just recently.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Thank you for the welcome! I certainly appreciate forums and the folks that make them up willing to give their time and energies to helping others!

Yes, takedown lever is under spring tension...does yours move a full 90* and stay in the down position like an M&P?

Yes, removed the grips, can't see anything out of place but there is not a lot under there either.

Comment

The take-down lever should spring back when you release it.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Post #3, I think, is a pic of what it should like like under the right grip. You might check it just to be sure.

https://bersachat.com/forums/forum/b...-with-question

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Great picture, thank you, but spring is in the notch, c-clip correct...beats me.

I called him last night and he is coming to get it today to take to someone more than a tinkerer...I mostly just build AR's, P80 Glocks and upgrade my pistols.

Comment

Have you vkecked to see if the barrel is clear and not bulged?
                W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
                NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Working...
                X