Thunder 380 Plus Combat (or any 380+) Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunder 380 Plus Combat (or any 380+) Magazine

I really want a 380+ Combat, and would even settle for a plain 380+, except for one MAJOR problem:
    Magazine availability...

I won't get a handgun for which I can't get additional/replacement mags for it, and the BT380+ seems to be one of those. I typically prefer at least six spare mags per semi-auto weapon, but even two or three would be okay. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone, so the conundrum seems to be Bersa doesn't consider a great enough demand to bother with making the Plus mags, leaving owners without a source and potential purchasers wary (hopefully) about getting additional parts - which include mags. Savvy purchasers may look into supportability of the firearm they intend to purchase and see zero availability of Plus mags pretty much anywhere, which continues a never-ending cycle of demand versus supply. It would be like Ford coming out with a unique windshield wiper and blade for a particular model of vehicle and then not providing replacement ones (and not allowing anyone else to make them).

This alone is why I haven't gotten a Plus, as much as I would love one. If Bersa is unwilling to crank out mags for it, then why not open up the patent to MecGar or other reputable mag manufacturers. It seems idiotic not to, as I don't think I'm the only one holding off on a BT380+ because of mag availability. Opening up MecGar or other reputable makers would - it seems to me - boost the sales of the BT380+. But then again, I'm just a stupid logistician with a BS in business management and an MS in logistics management and 22+ years in the business.

Open for comments, but best I can tell Bersa has pretty much left its Plus owners high and dry. That does not bode well and may call into question other commitments to its customers.

Sad...

if you buy the Plus, the mags will come

you're right the availability of mags or lack thereof is not a great selling point. Plus mags seem to always be hard to find and even single stacks at times. i thought for sure i had some Mec-Gar Plus mags but all 5 are marked genuine Bersa / Argentina

how about the time Ford sold cars with TRX 390mm wheels and the aftermarket didn't notice or care?

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Glisenti View Post

you're right the availability of mags or lack thereof is not a great selling point. Plus mags seem to always be hard to find and even single stacks at times. i thought for sure i had some Mec-Gar Plus mags but all 5 are marked genuine Bersa / Argentina

how about the time Ford sold cars with TRX 390mm wheels and the aftermarket didn't notice or care?
      Vito, been there and done that, and have been disappointed. ZIP and JAZZ drives for starters. BetaMax. Odd-caliber ammo and mags, etc. Supplies all readily available early on, then dried up.

Nope, I'll buy the mags first, if they are ever again available/in-stock. THEN I'll get the BT380+.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Glisenti View Post
        that's insane right there.

i'm wondering how much of an affect the strikes in Argentina may be having.

"Argentina anti-austerity strike brings country to a standstill" - France 24

"Argentina: Nationwide transportation workers strike scheduled for..." - garda.con

"Argentine pilots join central workers strike" - plenglish.com

"Argentina anti-government strike shuts down key grain ports" - reuters.com

many, many, many, many, many other sources.

do a search, DO NOT USE GOOGLE. even if this time around google gives you the reports without censoring, DO NOT EVER USE GOOGLE.

transportation, food, shipping, oil workers, etc., etc., etc.. workers have basically paralyzed Argentina.

I don't know if this is the cause but it's happening, usually it seems to always happen with the Plus specifically. someone should get fired. I don't think Eagle Imports has anything to do with it BUT, as an aside, it does bother me that Eagle Imports is in NJ and currently they're trying to pass laws over there that punishes and gathers information from manufacturers and sellers associated with gun sales including banks that do business with same. it's political football.

BTW, there's a reason why MSM tries (poorly IMO) to hide what's going on in France and Argentina and many other places.

Comment

it worked for me. IIRC i found a couple on the wall at the LGS,

they don't advertise their inventory on the www, call it a matter of desire.

so we should scratch Argentina off the list then?

Hold What You Got

Comment

Working...
          X