Need help with rear Sight on Thunder 380....please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with rear Sight on Thunder 380....please

I've got a Bersa Thunder 380 that has a broken rear sight. How hard is it to replace it? I have not attempted to do anything with it yet, I have a sight on the way.... Any Tips?

Welcome to the forum Bersa Buddy. No gunsmith, so I'll defer to some of the other folks. I believe, depending on age, type of sight may vary, but someone will be along to help.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Welcome Bersa Buddy,

Like mitchr said depends on age, model and what is broken or missing. More information is necessary.

Long story short, jab is a male.
      Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0046.JPG I believe the blade sight fits into the the rear sight base and you tighten the screw on the base to secure the blade sight in place. Correct? Or is it better to remove the base and put in a fixed rear sight? Thanks!

Comment

There should be a spring under that sight blade. If you pull the screw all the way out- the spring should come out too. When you turn that screw you should feel/hear a little click-click-click.....each click moves the sight blade left or right depending on whether you are going in or out. Surely there are some instructions on this somewhere on the forum. Maybe one of these guys that are computer/forum savey can find it and post a link.
          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Look here for Thunder 380 parts.

You need a Rear Sight Blade, Screw and Spring.

In the right hand side of the sight slot, install the spring first, then the blade, then the screw . The spring will hold tension on the blade which will adjust left and right as you screw in and out.

Once adjusted mark the blade position...remove the screw and apply BLUE Loctite to the threads and replace the screw and
            tighten the blade to your adjusted position. (Failure to do this step will result in the exercise of crawling on hands and knees to find the parts )

good luck

regards jab
            Long story short, jab is a male.
            Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
            X