Convert MiniFirestorm .40 S&W into MiniFirestorm 9mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert MiniFirestorm .40 S&W into MiniFirestorm 9mm

I've got a MiiniFireStorm .40 S&W and it seems to me that based on all I've read it may be possible to convert to 9mm by purchasing a 9mm slide, barrel and magazine?

I've scoured the forum for info on this and found henny0008's video on the UC conversion and various mentions regarding Thunder conversions but just couldn't find anything regarding the MiniFireStorm's.

It's such a great little .40 S&W pistol and I'd really like to have the same platform in a 9mm.

Looked at Eagle parts and it sure looks possible but wanted to run it by the folks that really know these guns. This pistol is Duo-Tone and was hoping to stick with that if it's possible?

TIA
    Last edited by behoof; 02-05-2014, 11:47 PM.
    The right of self defense is the first law of nature !!

Re: Convert MiniFirestorm .40 S&W into MiniFirestorm 9mm

Update on my question;

I called Eagle Bersa and was first asked for the serial number of my pistol. The lady wouldn't even talk to me without it. Called back and gave her the serial number and basically what I wanted to do. Her response was, "You know, to do this you'll void the warranty?"

Told her yep, I figured as much.

She then told me I could just order from the website as everything that was available was shown on the website.

That's about it. So now to try to figure out which part numbers to order?

Any help would be appreciated...

Originally posted by behoof View Post
    I've got a MiiniFireStorm .40 S&W and it seems to me that based on all I've read it may be possible to convert to 9mm by purchasing a 9mm slide, barrel and magazine?

I've scoured the forum for info on this and found henny0008's video on the UC conversion and various mentions regarding Thunder conversions but just couldn't find anything regarding the MiniFireStorm's.

It's such a great little .40 S&W pistol and I'd really like to have the same platform in a 9mm.

Looked at Eagle parts and it sure looks possible but wanted to run it by the folks that really know these guns. This pistol is Duo-Tone and was hoping to stick with that if it's possible?

TIA

Comment

Forgot to ask when posting update to my .40 to 9mm conversion question:

Another question for you folks:

I think I read here on the forum (can't find it if it was here) that there was a longer 9mm barrel that could be used with some pistols and I'm wondering before I make my purchase if anyone knows which longer barrel would work in this MiniFireStorm as a 9mm?

TIA

Comment

The longer barrel would be the one for the Hi Capacity 9mm. But I don't know how well a new style "Pro" slide & barrel will work on the old style frame of your Firestorm pistol. Did Eagle say they had the old style parts in stock?
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Order parts for your size pistol. Don't try to make what wasn't Of course I believe should have bought the 9mm to start with . Cheaper ammo and with todays premium made HP Not a whole lot of difference in test . 9mm has caught up to the 40 that's why some Police are going back to the 9mm and others are going to 45acp. 40 hasn't over years proven to be all that was claimed . They should have left it at 10mm and then been better off .
          Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

I asked the Lady if the part numbers listed with a P in the serial number meant Pro but didn't get a definitive answer. She said I could go ahead and order online but I'm going to do it on the phone for the sake of being able to ask questions. I did tell her early in our conversation that I didn't have a Pro model but she already knew that from the serial number so unless I missed something our whole conversation revolved around "Older Model".

The MiniFireStorm 9 slide P/N T911001-FS seems to be the one I'm after and it appears the T911002 barrel will go with it. A guide rod and a couple of springs and away I go.

Oh yeah and a magazine or two or three but where would be a good place to get them, I suppose OEM is the best choice but they ARE pricey. :-)

Thanks for the reply mitchr, your thoughts on all this?

Comment

Yes on the 10mm but as the story goes, at least one I heard from some copper friends of mine, when they introduced it to the Feebs they said a big, " Owwwie " at the recoil and they told me that pretty much blew the 10mm. So they said anyway.

I really love this little MF .40 S&W but just think it would be a whole LOT nicer in a 9mm. You know the old thinking, "Two for the price of 1 1/2" or whatever.

Price of ammo does matter even though I load my own (prices of all material goes up - up - up) which does offer me the ability to control a lot of how things work for me.

Perhaps there's a Thunder 9 UC in my future??

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
              Order parts for your size pistol. Don't try to make what wasn't Of course I believe should have bought the 9mm to start with . Cheaper ammo and with todays premium made HP Not a whole lot of difference in test . 9mm has caught up to the 40 that's why some Police are going back to the 9mm and others are going to 45acp. 40 hasn't over years proven to be all that was claimed . They should have left it at 10mm and then been better off .

Comment

The ProMags have a so-so rep for reliability, but may be okay for range use. For carry, I will not use anything but Bersa mags.

If the parts you show are specifically for the Firestorm, I'd take them to be pre-Pro, but wouldn't hurt to verify that when you call them to order. I have not seen, or read of anyone actually having a "Pro" series Firestorm.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                  The ProMags have a so-so rep for reliability, but may be okay for range use. For carry, I will not use anything but Bersa mags.

If the parts you show are specifically for the Firestorm, I'd take them to be pre-Pro, but wouldn't hurt to verify that when you call them to order. I have not seen, or read of anyone actually having a "Pro" series Firestorm.
                  Hi again mitchr,

I'm getting ready to put in an order for the 9mm slide and other parts but I had yet a couple more questions about magazines if I may.

1st I think the Bersa 9 Thunder UC mags are the same as the MiniFireStorm, correct?

And 2nd Condors Flight appears to have the mags I listed in my other question. Have you dealt with them? I've read a bit about them in the Forum so I just wondered if you've had experience with them?

TIA

Comment

Hi again mitchr,

I'm getting ready to put in an order for the 9mm slide and other parts but I had yet a couple more questions about magazines if I may.

1st I think the Bersa 9 Thunder UC mags are the same as the MiniFireStorm, correct?

And 2nd Condors Flight appears to have the mags I listed in my other question. Have you dealt with them? I've read a bit about them in the Forum so I just wondered if you've had experience with them?

TIA
                    Yes, the Firestorm & Thunder mags are the same, even though I believe Condors Flight used to ask you to choose Firestorm or Thunder.

I've bought from them several times & Condors Flight is a great bunch to do business with. A package got ripped open in transit & one of the items was lost. I emailed Condors Flight then went down to the post office, about 5 miles away, & the manager called me as I was standing in line. He didn't question me or anything, just told me they were sending a replacement. Couldn't have been more than 10 minutes from the time I emailed them!

Wait until you have one more post, then PM a moderator for the Bersa Chat discount code & get 10% off your order.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                      Yes, the Firestorm & Thunder mags are the same, even though I believe Condors Flight used to ask you to choose Firestorm or Thunder.

I've bought from them several times & Condors Flight is a great bunch to do business with. A package got ripped open in transit & one of the items was lost. I emailed Condors Flight then went down to the post office, about 5 miles away, & the manager called me as I was standing in line. He didn't question me or anything, just told me they were sending a replacement. Couldn't have been more than 10 minutes from the time I emailed them!

Wait until you have one more post, then PM a moderator for the Bersa Chat discount code & get 10% off your order.
                      10% for just learning about something I really care about? My pistol... how cool is that? I tried to place my order online but got stuck in a loop at the 2nd or 3rd step of checkout, oh well, I'll just have to do what I planned on doing in the first place... call the lady.

Thanks for the heads up on the 10% thing too, that's awesome...

talk at you later, reading that long letter by OysterMan i.e. http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogsp...-women-of.html

whoa there, now there's a mouthful from this person, quite a read... long but most interesting...

difficult times in which one lives I'm thinking.

Best,
                      behoof

Comment

Working...
                      X