Recoil spring for Pro HC 40 to reduce felt recoil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recoil spring for Pro HC 40 to reduce felt recoil

Anyone tried a heavier recoil spring in the HC .40 to reduce felt recoil?

Re: Recoil spring for Pro HC 40 to reduce felt recoil

I looked the Bersa site online and they have two springs listed for the TP HC 40:

1. a recoil spring
    and
    2. a "recoil spring (external)"

Guess I need to refer to the expanded schematic to find the difference between those two parts.

the Bersa site did not say how many lbs/inch the spring is. Do any of you know how many pounds the TP HC 40 is rated?

Comment

I don't know if there is a rating, such as is used for 1911s, but unless it was changed in just the last few months, the HC 40 has only one recoil spring. Might be best to call them at (732) 493-0333 & discuss it with them. The recoil on my HC 40 is what I'd call mild, compared to my Mini 40 (Thunder UC 40) & it only has one recoil spring.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

mitchr: I always wondered what recoil would be like with a UC 40. If it is noticeably more than the TP HC 40, I don't think I would like shooting it very much.

I thought if I could put a heavier recoil spring on my HC 40, the recoil might be absorbed more before it snaps back, making the overall felt recoil a bit more pleasant.

Comment

Bersa only makes one weight spring for it so you'd have to do it by finding a spring for another pistol that would work. The problem is when you change something from standard, it could affect something else, like maybe the timing & then get feeding issues, etc.

The recoil on my Mini 40 is pretty snappy & I usually don't shoot more than 50 rounds per trip & sometimes less, just enough to maintain my accuracy.
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Mitchr: I know what you mean. No matter what gun you shoot, you want to find that proper balance between power and controlability and comfort. I shoot some very big rifles. But I know some tricks and methods to tame the recoil and keep it pleasant.

With pistols, it is more difficult. As you go up in power, all I can think to do is add more weight to the gun and that seems to be what most comptetitive shooters do. But then you end up with something most folks could not carry for self-defense. At least not if you have to carry concealed as I do.

Two things could make the TP HC 40 better: Make it heavier and decrease the creep in the SA trigger. Unfortunately, no one offers aftermarket parts for this pistol as with more popular pistols, like CZ.

Comment

Working...
            X