White Dot fell out of New Thunder Pro HC 9mm Slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Dot fell out of New Thunder Pro HC 9mm Slide

I just came in from shooting my TPHC Pro 9mm. Just got this new 9mm slide, barrel, spring and rod a few weeks ago. The white dot came out of the front sight and since I was in the woods in my backyard, I could not find it in the leaves, so it is gone forever.

I can certainly make the front sight (either the round hole or the whole blade) white again. I have a special paint that I use just for that and it does work well. But I wonder if this wouldn't be a good time to black out the rear sight dots. The rear dots on the HC Pro are dim and hardly visible in any but the best light. And I hate the three dot sight system anyway. It's just not fast for me.

I suppose I could call Eagle, since I just bought from them a few weeks ago. But what would ya'll advise, being wise in the ways of Bersa?

I would not want to mail it back to Eagle.

Re: White Dot fell out of New Thunder Pro HC 9mm Slide

I think your idea of repainting the first sight is the best option. They must have not gotten it clean enough when preparing it for the white dot. I've heard of others blacking out the rear sights, but haven't tried it. I just ignore them
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Paint works fine, I use the little bottle of white porcelain sink and tub repair paint applied with the tip of a needle.
      In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

I've had good luck with Pure Ice Hot Tamale (bright orange) Nail Polish applied (with a toothpick) to front and blackout on back.

If you want to try black on the back before you paint just apply a small piece of black electrical tape for a trial run.
        Long story short, jab is a male.
        Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by pollyb View Post
          I've had good luck with Pure Ice Hot Tamale
          Are you sure that isn't a Mexican muscle rub?
          In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
            Are you sure that isn't a Mexican muscle rub?
            I did say "I've had good luck with it"
            Long story short, jab is a male.
            Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I've had the best luck using the model paint that comes in the small (~1 oz.) glass bottles, Testor's, I believe. If you clean the surface well, the paint adheres very well. It also seems to be about the best viscosity for this sort of thing. It comes in a multitude of colors, so you should find what you want, including black for the rear dots.
              Wolfgang
              Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
              http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
              Tel: (503)429-7342
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X