.40 Bersa Mini Firestorm not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.40 Bersa Mini Firestorm not firing

I'm new to the forum and I am having a problem with my .40 Bersa Mini Firestorm. I have owned it a long time (10+ years)and it has been carried for concealed carry and shot every year and I have definitely got some great use out of it but lately it has been having a problem firing. If I haven't fired it in awhile it will usually fire about a magazine worth and then it will start not firing. The hammer is hitting the primer; just not hard enough to fire the round. This will start happening with more and more frequency the more I shoot it and sometimes it takes 2-5 trigger pulls to get the gun to fire the round. The ammunition is always factory name brand ammo so it is not a ammo issue. I suspect that either the firing pin is broken or the firing pin chamber is extremely dirty but I have no good way to clean in there with basic field stripping.

I have searched the internet trying to find a disassembly video showing how to get to the firing pin but I can't find anything past regular field stripping. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Re: .40 Bersa Mini Firestorm not firing

Welcome to Bersa Chat gaulwarrior. Here is a tutoriial on removal of the FP for UC & HC which I think will work for your Firestorm, but I can't swear to it. Someone will be along that will know, for sure. In the case of the FP channel being full of crud, might try cleaning it with Brake Cleaner in the spray can. I use it & it does seem to keep the channel clean when I've removed FPs to check it. Using the nozzle that comes with it, pin point the spray into the firing pin hole in the breech face. Spray until it runs clean out the back of the slide. Let dry, or use compressed air to blow it dry. It may be too far gone for this to work, but worth a try & after you get it fixed, a goodnthing to keep it clean.

Depending on how old it is & if you are the original owner, it may have a lifetime service contract. I'm not sure when they started proving the lifetime contract. My Mini .40 was bought late 2007 & it didn't say so in the manual, but had a slip of paper in the box that confirmed the lifetime service. You might give our resident warranty gunsmith, Wolfgang The Gun Doctor, a PM or email to find out if under warranty & he is also good about helping us out with DIY repairs.

http://s884.photobucket.com/user/p-t...?sort=3&page=1
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Sorry, but I just tried to use the PT.Max tutorial & it appears it got caught with Photo Bucket's push for more profits & no longer works. If you can use the pics that come up on the link, may work, but when you click on a pic to get the full view, it doesn't.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Thanks for the pics. I can't stay on the website link because it bombards me with ads but I was able to get a screen shot of what I needed to know. Never would have thought I have to remove the rear sight to get the firing pin out but at least I don't have to take anything else apart to get to it but not too happy about moving the rear sight when the gun is accurate currently.

I tried the spray trick but it didn't work so either it is really dirty in there (I hope) or something is broken. I'll update when I get a chance to get the firing pin out in a few days.

I'm the original owner but I don't know where any of my paperwork is anymore and I know I have had this gun for over 10 years.

Comment

Wolfgang may know if covered under warranty, or contact Eagle Imports @ (732) 493-0333. They can tell you, for sure. May not have to produce the paperwork. They are really nice people to deal with.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Directions worked fine to get the firing pin out. Thanks guys!

It was dirty in there but the firing pin and all other parts appeared intact. Notice a burr on the firing pin near the end that may have been contributing to the problem that was filed off. Don't know if that burr was catching on the firing pin hole causing the failure to fire by the firing pin not fully going out the hole every time. I'll report back after I get the chance to shoot it to see if the problem is fixed or not.

Comment

Hopefully it was an easy fix!

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Finally got the gun to the range and the problem was better but still not fixed. Gave it to a gunsmith who had a lot of trouble figuring out what the problem was but finally advised that the part in the receiver that comes up and pushes the firing pin block safety in the slide out of the way was not striking the pin correctly which is why it would fire sometimes and not fire others. He advised it is now fixed but he warned me that eventually when the part became worn again it would come back. Anyone else have any experience with this type of issue?

Comment

Working...
                X