Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPR 40 as a 9mm??

Hi all,

i was wondering if the 40 version might be convertible to 9 with as little as a barrel and mag swap? Or is it more complicated then that?

The UC40 was convertible with barrel & mag plus, I think, recoil spring, but Bersa, nor Eagle ever okayed it. Haven't heard about anyone trying it with the TRPs.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

The Ruger LC9/LC380 had the same situation with 5 parts different between them. But as I recall there was an issue with the serial number being stamped on the receiver. Technically it could be done but I don't know if it was legal.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

That was the issue discussed with the Bersas. Also, liability & possibly voiding warranty. A few, naturally, ran into problems with getting the parts ordered if they used S/Ns.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I converted my Thunder Pro 40 Hi-CAP to 9mm. All I did was buy a 9mm barrel, slide and magazine. I also bought an aftermarket Wolf spring to use with the 40 to mitigate recoil. But anyway, here's what ya need to make your 40 into a 9 and back again if ya don't like it. So easy a caveman could do it. Or, a Bigfoot named Darrel.

Comment

I suppose I should add for all the scardy-cats out there that I have shot the 40 converted to 9 and then shot the 40 and have had no problems with it at all. I will change it back to 9 and shoot it again next time I go to the range.

Comment

Yeah, but for you "scardy cats" too scared to tell the wife you need another pistol, having both the 9mm & 40S&W doesn't require a swap when you go to the range. Just pick the one you want & go!

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                Yeah, but for you "scardy cats" too scared to tell the wife you need another pistol, having both the 9mm & 40S&W doesn't require a swap when you go to the range. Just pick the one you want & go!
                Shhhhhush, Be careful what you put in writing...she may be watching

Comment

Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post

Shhhhhush, Be careful what you put in writing...she may be watching

Well, when ya marry 'em young & train 'em right, don't hafta worry 'bout that!

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

My wife is 15 years younger than me. And she is still trying to train me. I'm barely house-broken.

Comment

Again, if you ever have the misfortune to use that 40 converted to a 9 in self defense when the police check the serial number you will have comitted a federal offense. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you MAY do it.
                      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

groberts: What federal offense would that be? Would the serial numbers of the upper and lower have to match in order to not be in violation? What about all the folks who put aftermarket uppers on AR's and other guns?

Comment

Originally posted by groberts View Post
                          Again, if you ever have the misfortune to use that 40 converted to a 9 in self defense when the police check the serial number you will have comitted a federal offense. Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you MAY do it.
                          Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahah! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahah!
                          Wait, were you serious?
                          No such law anywhere. Don't spread bullshit when you don't know. You can buy caliber conversion kits for dozens of different guns. It makes me extremely irritable when people propagate crap they have absolutely zero knowledge of and contaminate other people's brains with the garbage they spew.
                          /rant over.
                          "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
                            Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahah! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahah!
                            Wait, were you serious?
                            No such law anywhere. Don't spread bullshit when you don't know. You can buy caliber conversion kits for dozens of different guns. It makes me extremely irritable when people propagate crap they have absolutely zero knowledge of and contaminate other people's brains with the garbage they spew.
                            /rant over.
                            I was going by what I had seen on another forum and from Ruger on the LC9/LC380. And because Bersa also does not offer the conversion kit. My bad.

Thanks for the ridicule. But then you have a history of doing that to me. Very strange behavior for a Super Moderator. At least FakeBersaName just corrected me politely.
                            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Thanks groberts, I really didn't know for sure, but it didn't sound right to me because so many folks switch barrels and calibers on so many guns. We should both thank PHM for setting us straight. It won't be the last time someone posts something on the World-wide-web that turns out to be incorrect. I don't know who coined the term "information superhighway" but I often refer to the internet as the "information landfill" Hmmm, gotta remember to put the 9mm slide and barrel on before I kill again, just so the serial numbers won't match

Comment

Working...
                              X