Bersa thunder 45 UC Slide locks back after every round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bersa thunder 45 UC Slide locks back after every round

Just picked up this gun from a guy who had no idea what he was doing trying to fix it, i have it all back together except for the slide lock spring. i cant figure out how it goes in and when i shoot the gun the slide locks back after every shot. is there anyone that can give me a picture of where the spring goes and how it goes in? Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Bersa thunder 45 UC Slide locks back after every round

Welcome to the forum Tylerjcowan. Someone should be along that can help. In the meantime, you might browse through the 'Maintenance' section threads to see if any have the info.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Welcome Tylerjcowan....sounds like an easy fix...but I'm not the person to address this. Hang tight, someone with exp on the UC will be along shortly.
      This is a good forum. Lots of good info here, and a few good people too.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Hey Tylerjcowan. I had the same problem with a used 45 UC I picked up. I had to replace the slide catch lever on the right side of the gun because a tiny little "tab" that holds the spring in place had broken off.
        I'm wondering if that is the same problem you are having.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	file_95_55 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	598698
          This is the little piece that had broken off. I was able to replace the parts myself, with some patience.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerjcowan View Post
            Just picked up this gun from a guy who had no idea what he was doing trying to fix it, i have it all back together except for the slide lock spring. i cant figure out how it goes in and when i shoot the gun the slide locks back after every shot. is there anyone that can give me a picture of where the spring goes and how it goes in? Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
            The pdf manual on the Bersa site has an exploded parts diagram that may be helpful to you. Look at pg. 10, item 32 for the slide catch spring. Parts are shown in their respective orientation.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
              The pdf manual on the Bersa site has an exploded parts diagram that may be helpful to you. Look at pg. 10, item 32 for the slide catch spring. Parts are shown in their respective orientation.
              I believe the slide lock spring is staked to the frame. Might not be, but that's what I had to send my Stainless in for.

Bill
              W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
              NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

I can't tell on mine and I'm not tearing mine apart to see. Re-staking it may be an issue if Tyler hasn't staked anything before.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Its not staked, but the little tab StickEmUp mentioned is likely. I have encountered a few of those over the years now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
                  "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Thanks, ill check that tab when i get home tonight, I'm pretty sure is saw it there. how does the spring go into that piece in the picture though? and i have the manual and parts breakdown but that has no indication how the gun goes together. And if it is the slide catch lever how do i get that off. also, i am replacing the breakdown lever cause the guy broke that also, any ideas on how that comes out?

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerjcowan View Post
                      Thanks, ill check that tab when i get home tonight, I'm pretty sure is saw it there. how does the spring go into that piece in the picture though? and i have the manual and parts breakdown but that has no indication how the gun goes together. And if it is the slide catch lever how do i get that off. also, i am replacing the breakdown lever cause the guy broke that also, any ideas on how that comes out?
                      The spring sort of hooks over that little tab to hold it in place. Replacing the slide catch can be frustrating, but I was able to do it myself. You do have to remove the trigger assembly. Before you do that though, try to memorize how it will all go back together, especially the tiny spring that's in there.Once the trigger assembly is removed, you can pull the disconnector bar away from the frame, but be gentle. Pull it out just enough to be ab;e to remove the slide catch by pulling it away from the frame as well. Then do it all in reverse to get her back together.

My takedown lever was broken when I picked my Bersa up as well. It's a much easier fix. First remove the slide, obviously. Then turn the lever downward slightly. I think I could feel mine sort of snap into the correct position. Then use a little screwdriver or something to pry it away from the frame. There is a super small spring and a very small bushing under there, so be sure to not lose them. When you reinstall the new takedown lever, just press down on the spring and bushing while sliding the lever in.

I'm waiting on parts to arrive to fix my mag release button now.

Comment

Thanks for the info, yeah waiting on my 2 parts to get here then i will tackle it.

Comment

ok got the new takedown lever installed, and the new slide catch installed, but i dont know how the slide catch spring goes in. if anyone could help me with this final piece of info that would be great, maybe a picture if anyone can get one of how it goes in,

Thanks

Comment

Tyler, did you ever get a response on this request? were you able to replace your spring? I just perchased a 45 UC Pro and have the exacts same two issues. Take down bar broke and missing Slide catch spring. I was able to replace the take down bar no issues but have no clue as to the replacement of the spring as it was never instaled for me to see how it was oriented. If you can show me what you did, would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Stickemup did you order this part from Bersa,,if u have the part # will you post it .
                              thx

Comment

Working...
                              X