Bersa thunder 45 UC Slide locks back after every round

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bersa thunder 45 UC Slide locks back after every round

Welcome bbcmonza. You can get Bersa parts here. I always have best luck by phone. (732) 493-0333

http://bersa.eagleimportsinc.com/
    Last edited by mitchr; 12-04-2016, 12:15 AM.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
        The pdf manual on the Bersa site has an exploded parts diagram that may be helpful to you. Look at pg. 10, item 32 for the slide catch spring. Parts are shown in their respective orientation.
        This is just the info i needed. Thanks. Cant figute why after 150 rounds I broke the slide catch and the disassembly bar. maybe my thumbs caught it when i was shooting and flipped it 1/2 unlocked and the gun just started breaking apart from there. Either way, thanks for the info.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat xonemaster. Lots of good info on Bersas & other firearms here, so hang around & check it out.
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by Tylerjcowan View Post
            Just picked up this gun from a guy who had no idea what he was doing trying to fix it, i have it all back together except for the slide lock spring. i cant figure out how it goes in and when i shoot the gun the slide locks back after every shot. is there anyone that can give me a picture of where the spring goes and how it goes in? Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks
            I was having a similar problem. If you'll read through this thread I started: http://www.bersachat.com/forums/show...-UC-45-problem you may find some very helpful info and pictures in there.......

Wayne

Comment

As for the broken parts, they are MIM (metal injected molding) and are more prone breakage than regular cast or machined parts. Almost every manufacturer now uses them. The the breakage is almost certainly NOT your fault; sometimes there's just a weak spot in them and they will break even in normal usage. Don't recall ever seeing one that broke due to dropping, etc. (no telltale marks that would be present if dropped on a hard surface). I once had a safety lever on a Thunder 380 break while I was test-firing it.
              Wolfgang

Originally posted by xonemaster View Post
              This is just the info i needed. Thanks. Cant figure why after 150 rounds I broke the slide catch and the disassembly bar. maybe my thumbs caught it when i was shooting and flipped it 1/2 unlocked and the gun just started breaking apart from there. Either way, thanks for the info.
              Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
              http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
              503-429-7342

Comment

Working...
              X