Barrel will not come out of slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrel will not come out of slide

I can't figure out why I can't get the barrel out of the slide. Seams like the barrel is too long. Is there a trick or something I could be doing wrong. Should be simple like every other pistol.

Re: Barrel will not come out of slide

They can be a little tight sometimes new. Hold the removed slide in one hand with the rails toward the floor and work the barrel forward and back a little and see if it comes out.

Welcome to BC and I deleted your duplicate thread in regular chat.
    Certified Armed Infidel .
    WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
    45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat Recker1. It's a tight squeeze but it should lift out, just have to find that right spot, unless there is a burr on the barrel or the slide.

Edit: GTGeorge beat me to it! For some reason, when I tried to post, it told me this thread was not accepting any new posts, as if it was a closed thread.????
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Well I hope you didn't reck it LOL!!! Welcome to BC Recker1!!!
        Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Comment

Thanks, new to all this forum stuff. Good help!

Comment

I had a UC barrel that had a tendency to stay in the slide. I tapped it out with a plastic hammer and then noticed some burrs or pushed out metal on the edges of the barrel .... maybe left over from machining?? I stoned the edges smooth and never had the trouble again.

Comment

Had a new one that was nearly impossible to get out until you just happened to hold the slide just right and the barrel would fall out. No burrs or metal problems observed but after a while it was no longer a problem.
              Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Mine has that same problem. When it was new I almost could not get the barrel out at all. Then just like someone else mentioned, you hold it just right and it almost falls out. Every now and then it still dos the same thing. I've inspected it and inspected it and don't find any burrs or any physical problems on mind. It's really weird how hard it is to get out and then all of a sudden it practically falls out.

Comment

Ditto on the stuck barrel. Plastic hammer did the job. No burrs seen or felt. Hope use solves the problem.
                  Bersa 383DA
                  383A

Comment

Fast forward a year. New BT45 same thing. After first outing (50) rounds the slide won't come out. I had field stripped and cleaned it before going out. I read the old posts and tried all of the recommendations; I wiggled and jiggled and oiled and cursed. Next the big guns came out, wooden dowel and rubber mallet. Slide securely in vice, dowel on back end of barrel and mallet striking (lightly?) down and it eventually popped out. The burr must be gone now. We'll see after the next outing.

Comment

Working...
                    X