Decocker/safety lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decocker/safety lever

Got a good one for you guys. A few days ago there I was happily banging away with my 45 UC pro when the right hand side
    lever just fell off at my feet. Nothing had broken but the spring (roll) pin had come out. Never did find the pin but did manage to find
    a replacement and now back in business. Other tan that, I just love this compact handgun. Now if only I find a proper fit holster,
    life would be good. Same issue with my Bersa thunder 40.

Re: Decocker/safety lever

I have 2 of the UBG Regulators.....one for the 380's and one for the UC. Great leather snap holsters for about $70. The only downside...is there may be a 4-6 week delivery time.
    http://www.ubgholsters.com/
    They make other holsters too.....but the Regulator likes me.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by tmedna43 View Post
      Got a good one for you guys. A few days ago there I was happily banging away with my 45 UC pro when the right hand side
      lever just fell off at my feet. Nothing had broken but the spring (roll) pin had come out. Never did find the pin but did manage to find
      a replacement and now back in business. Other tan that, I just love this compact handgun. Now if only I find a proper fit holster,
      life would be good. Same issue with my Bersa thunder 40.
      Depends on what you're looking for in a holster. I have two Alien Gear IWB Holsters, a 2.0 for my UC9 and a 3.0 for my UC45. I really like them a lot and they're molded specifically to fit those pistols.

Comment

Good morning all. I know this thread is oabout 2 months old, but, to TMEDNA43, have you ever found a economical solution to the holster problem? Depending on what type of holster you are looking for, a possible source could be TAGUA holsters. They are made in S. America, but they have a sales office in Miami, Fla. The holsters are good, not the best by any stretch, but adequate for the money. I have 2 of them, both belt-slide pancake style, which I prefer. One for a Sig 9mm, and one for my Bersa .40UC and .45 UC. Same holster will work for both. Just a thought.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I will look into the TAGUA line and see what comes up..

Comment

When this happens, I clean the hole & pin w/ solvent and lightly coat the hole and pin w/ low-strength Loctite. Be careful that you don't get any excess on other parts or you may find the pistol won't operate.
            Before installing the pin, hold it on top of the safety lever to determine how deep it needs to go in order to be centered on the flat-sided shaft that the safety fits onto.
            Wolfgang
            Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
            http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
            Tel: (503)429-7342
            [email protected]

Comment

Thanks Doc. As a follow up, little did I know at the time just why the safety lever felt sloppy after the pin issue. Seems that when the right side lever fell off it allowed the whole safety assembly to move out just far enough for the safety pin and spring to fly away to parts unknown. A call to Eagle and they sent me replacement parts right away free.
              Parts installed and now the safety levers are crisp and tight. Good as new.

Comment

tmedna43 good job ...always nice to have good news
                Long story short, jab is a male.
                Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

My bad here; should have mentioned this possibility. I'm just so familiar w/ this sort of thing that I sometimes don't think to mention it.
                  Wolfgang

Originally posted by tmedna43 View Post
                  Thanks Doc. As a follow up, little did I know at the time just why the safety lever felt sloppy after the pin issue. Seems that when the right side lever fell off it allowed the whole safety assembly to move out just far enough for the safety pin and spring to fly away to parts unknown. A call to Eagle and they sent me replacement parts right away free.
                  Parts installed and now the safety levers are crisp and tight. Good as new.
                  Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
                  http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
                  Tel: (503)429-7342
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X