Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front sight and/or rear sight replacement for Bersa Thunder 45 UC Pro (and 9mm)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front sight and/or rear sight replacement for Bersa Thunder 45 UC Pro (and 9mm)

Is there something like adjustable rear or front sight replacements for the Thunder UC Pro pistols?

I have a 45 and a 9mm plus 14 other pistols.

The Bersas I have had for 5-6 years and until recently they have had no problems (well over 2,000 rounds each). The 45 had a broken Mag release a couple of weeks ago and I have now fixed that with a replacement.

I had not shot the Bersas much for several years until recently....danged other guns got in the way....lol!

Every other gun I have I shoot very accurately (luckily I have a handgun range in my back yard), but for some reason my shooting with the Bersas now is low. I am having to elevate the front sight white dot above the rear sights. I do not remember that they/I had this problem when I was shooting both pistols more. And, with age and arthritic hands, I hav changed my grip somewhat. That has improved my shooting with all the other pistols, but the opposite with the Bersas.

I ordered a Sig P226(I think) # 6 front sight but no help.

I want all of my handguns to have the two rear and the one front sight aligned when shooting.

The Bersas from 10 yards are as much as a foot low if I align the three dots, even on a bench rest.

And, I am an experienced shooter....even in the military years ago.

Yes, I do occasionally anticipate recoil and screw up, but I do not have that much of a problem with other semis of 9mm, 40 S&W, Sig 357, 45 ACP, 22LR and revolver calibers 357 special/Mag and 44 special/mag.

Are there replacement sights for the Bersa Thunder UC Pro that are either lower or rear sights that can be adjusted up/down or both?

I do like the Bersas, but I have never used them as a daily personal defense weapon/ Mostly kept in sheds or an old vehicle that is driven only a few. times a month. I like to shoot them as they do, surprisingly, help me improve my shooting because I learn from them.

Bersa pistols use a combat sight picture. Align your dots but cover the "bullseye" with the front sight.

Many folks are used to the lollipop sight picture where the bullseye sits atop the front sight. If you do this with a Bersa, your shots will impact low.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
      Bersa pistols use a combat sight picture. Align your dots but cover the "bullseye" with the front sight.

Many folks are used to the lollipop sight picture where the bullseye sits atop the front sight. If you do this with a Bersa, your shots will impact low.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
      Thanks for the reply! I actually do that (old military training with the combat sight picture) with all of my handguns and research has indicated the same as you stated for the Bersa, however both guns still shoot low even from a rest.

When I put the front sight above the rear dots and the target the guns are more "accurate", but I can not see the target.

Trying to figure these two Bersas out has taught me to look at my grip, hand strengths, head position, trigger press, trigger follow through, arm positions and a host of other things. And danged, with the other guns that I have, I now shoot some pretty tight groups at 10 yards.

In thinking back to when I purchased the Bersas, I think I only had a Ruger SR 22 which has never shot well until this year when Ruger fixed it way beyond my satisfaction and an FNX 45 which has always been a fantastic shooter. I think the problem (actually my problem) may be the grip angle of the two Bersas as opposed to other weapons.

The only other weapon I had problems shooting was a S&W Shield 40 which had a horrible trigger until I put in an Apex Duty/Carry kit. Now it is my trusted daily carry. Never a failure, but initially I could not ever know where the rounds would go.

The only way I can figure out to improve the accuracy of the Bersas in my hands without delineating from my normal sight pictures is to lower the rear sight or raise the front sight or a combination of both.

BUT, it is fun, if expensive, to do this kind of research.

Side Note: do not put in a home handgun shooting range. I shoot about every other day and have purchased 5 semis and two AR/AK pistols as well as a pistol shotgun (Shockwave 590) and a short barreled shotgun in the last two years......my pocket book is being taxed...LOL! But as a retired old man I do enjoy the mental and physical aspects of getting better at things I do.

Oh, these Bersas have never had a problem except the recent Mag release replacement on the 45, with all brands of ammo.

Again Thanks for the reply! Good shooting!

Comment

Sounds like you should start a new hobby!

Reloading!

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
          Sounds like you should start a new hobby!

Reloading!
          Then I would never have time for fishing and two boats!

Comment

Working...
          X