If I didn't have a stellar 1911 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I didn't have a stellar 1911 ...

If I didn't have a stellar 1911, I would definitely take a SERIOUS look at the Bersa 45 UC!! From all the YouTube videos and reviews I have seen for it, I am sorely tempted anyway! Why? Because of its DA/SA functionality. I will NEVER trust the safety on any gun. I do NOT carry my 1911 "cocked and locked", I carry it with the hammer fully down, which means having to thumb-cock it to get it into action. Although I am not a fan of DA trigger pulls, with the Bersa at least it is there if a very quick first shot is needed at close range and it is safe to carry "primed and ready to go", and from all accounts, it is a very smooth and fairly light pull. On the other hand, the BERSA SA trigger will NEVER compare to that on my 1911! With the stellar trigger on my 1911 I can consistently lob 230-grainers into pop cans at 100 yards. I doubt very much if I could ever do that with the Bersa. I have around $2,000.00 into my 1911. I hate to admit it, but for general self-defense work, the Bersa 45 UC makes more sense. My 1911 is definitely no slouch in that capacity, but I think the Bersa would be a better choice. (Sometimes honesty hurts). On the other hand, if the world really ever turns to sh*t and there is all out war in the streets, my 1911 would be the better choice because it is capable of much better accuracy at longer ranges.
    1911 New Grips R.JPG
    In actuality, my little ramble above is rather moot. Reason being that neither of the guns mentioned above will fit in my vest pocket. I live in Ideeho and dress casually and wear a vest 100% of the time when out and about. I carry a Bersa Thunder 380 Plus in that vest pocket. I find the front right pocket of a vest is by far the best place for concealed carry. Easily accessible any time, standing, sitting, strapped in my SUV, etc., and a 380 with the right ammo is more than adequate for self-defense. My little Thunder Plus is capable of "minute of forehead" accuracy at 25 yards and "minute of torso" accuracy at 50 yards (so long as I am).
    Last edited by jimku; 03-23-2019, 11:47 AM.

Originally posted by jimku View Post
    On the other hand, if the world really ever turns to sh*t and there is all out war in the streets, my 1911 would be the better choice because it is capable of much better accuracy at longer ranges.
    Um. Ok. Is that gonna be when the potato truck turns over and blocks the road?

It's a mighty bold statement in a group that owns many, many custom 1911s and Bersas of every flavor. You might want to shoot one for yourself. Just sayin.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

A 9UC was my first carry gun when I got my CPL. My "specs" were: Double stack magazine, 9mm, ambidextrous, controls, hammer gun - not striker fired, and DA/SA trigger. The Bersa 9UC had it all! That severed me well for a couple of years and then I went with the 45UC for a couple more years. An easy transition as all the controls were the same. AND then the 1911's came along. Now it is a Light weight Colt Commander, the BT380 Plus, or a pair of J-Frames.

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post

Um. Ok. Is that gonna be when the potato truck turns over and blocks the road?

It's a mighty bold statement in a group that owns many, many custom 1911s and Bersas of every flavor. You might want to shoot one for yourself. Just sayin.
        I wish I could make any sense out of that?

Comment

Working...
        X