Firestorm mini 9mm.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firestorm mini 9mm.

I'm thinking of picking up a used one. I can't find this model on the website so I was wondering if parts holsters and mags would be easy to find. This one is in nickel finish and looks to be in good working shape. It says mini 9 firestorm on the slide. Thanks.

Re: Firestorm mini 9mm.

Looks similar to the Thunder Pro 9 UC, except with rounded trigger guard.
    I have never handled one, but i would guess the mags will interchange.

Someone who knows for sure will come long and give you definite answer.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Mags interchange with the Ultra Compact 9mm Pro. A holster for the Pro may be just a tad loose on the muzzle end of the Mini 9 because it does not have the Pic Rail, but I'd say it'd be fine. I use the same holster for my Mini 40 as I do for my UC 9 Pro. I don't know about other parts, but I suspect some will probably interchange.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I have had a Firestorm Mini 9 for about 6 years. Bought it used because I couldn't find a Bersa UC9 anywhere, even on-line. Since then, I have accumulated a few more Firestorms including a 22, 380 and a 32. Parts are almost all the same as the Non-pro Bersa and Eagle has quite a few parts in stock. I replaced my barrel about 6 months ago and what they sent was a Thunder 9 Barrel finished in black since they were no longer carrying the Nickel. The non-pro version has no loaded chamber slot on top. The indicator on the Firestorm is the ejector. When empty it sits flush with the slide and sticks out a bit when loaded. As for holsters, I have a Fobus C21b which also fits a 1911 and it holds my Firestorm 9 quite nicely. The rounded trigger guard might limit your choices, but, they do carry some nice ones at Condors Flight. Also, if the one you are looking at is priced under $400 you're getting a deal. New Bersa's are running about $450 now.

Comment

I know, the thread is a bit aged - I am looking for info on the Mini Firestorm 9, can't find it no matter how hard I look. One of the things I am interested is the magazine comparability, I would be interested in knowing if there are mags out there with more than a capacity of 10 that will work as if they were made for the FS Mini.

If the Firestorm model in general is such a unicorn, why is there not more information available? I can't even find what the model numbers are.

Or, am I just looking in the wrong place?

Originally posted by mitchr View Post

Mags interchange with the Ultra Compact 9mm Pro. A holster for the Pro may be just a tad loose on the muzzle end of the Mini 9 because it does not have the Pic Rail, but I'd say it'd be fine. I use the same holster for my Mini 40 as I do for my UC 9 Pro. I don't know about other parts, but I suspect some will probably interchange.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWhiskeyRunner View Post
            Or, am I just looking in the wrong place?
            The Firestorm Mini 9 is in every way except cosmetics a pre-pro Bersa Thunder UC9. They haven't made them in years. All the Bersa stuff fits, mags, holsters, etc.

Sent from my stoopid phone using Tapatalk

"The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

The standard 13 round mag for the UC9 & the latest TRPC9 will fit the Mini 9. The 17 round mag for the HC9 & TRP9 will also work in it, but it will hang about 1" below the grip of the Mini.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post

The Firestorm Mini 9 is in every way except cosmetics a pre-pro Bersa Thunder UC9. They haven't made them in years. All the Bersa stuff fits, mags, holsters, etc.
                I know they've not been made in years, I noticed Bersa just about the time the Thunder came on the market, and at the time sort of equated it to the Llama brand - and I was not a fan of the Llama finish on some of their nickel plated stuff. About the time I got my first BT, I had been reading about these and sought one out to no avail. I have been on the lookout for most any FS model to come up for sale locally - was not going to go dumbass crazy looking across the internet - just if something came up locally....

I keep seeing references to stainless slide models, but notice that most all are Nickle plated, but plated on what? Carbon steel? I have seen very few comments on poor plating quality on the FS, so does that mean it's really that good or just people don't shoot and clean with corrosive stuff and there does not seem to be an issue? No comments are a good thing, I suppose, but the silence is deafening. Anytime a FS comes in a local GS, it goes back out very quickly, seems they are quite sought after. Why? I do like the lack of magazine firing pin safety (who thought that was a good idea?) And it seems there is a loaded chamber indicator of sorts on the Mini 9mm?

Originally posted by mitchr
                The 17 round mag for the HC9 & TRP9 will also work in it, but it will hang about 1" below the grip of the Mini.
                That would be rather funny looking in a stupid way, but good to know. I do believe I will look for some 13 rounders - looking as if they are reasonably scarce, good thing I have two 10s. One being labeled for the FS with the appropriate metal finish to match the pistol.

Any other firearm brand, you can find tons of info on, these Fire Storm models, not so much.

Thanks for the replies guys!!

Comment

For years, Bersa never advertised, built their customer base via word of mouth, so likely will be difficult finding info on them except at forums such as this. Only recently did they start advertising & publishing in gun magazines, so only the latest models will be shown.

There were a few with stainless slides, I think a couple of our members have them, but they are rare. Their nickle plating is on carbon steel with a brass or copper undercoat, so we are advised to not use a cleaner which contains ammonia.

Yeah, the 17 rounders do look kinda weird & folks mostly have them for the range or as extra mags for carry. If you're in a firefight that requires more than 13 rounds, who is gonna be looking at your weird mag hanging out the grip?

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

If I am in a firefight, I don't care what I look like! LOL! And I do not intend on ever being in a firefight - them is for young whippersnappers! I just want to be able to display, possibly use, enough teeth to deter an aggressor that still has a bit of self preservation built in.

I have been (passively) on the look out for a Fire Storm of about any flavor. Any time I heard of one, it was snapped up quicker than I had a chance to peruse it. The other day I happened to be in exactly the right place 3 minutes before the right time and snagged a Mini 9 FS. It's NP, and in quite nice shape with a little washboard on one extreme side of the feed ramp, not even near the middle surface, and somehow the takedown bar detent/stop and spring are missing. No idea how that happens, and not allowed to disassemble firearms not yours at the store, AND, I was in a hurry. Dry function check was fine, looked real good albeit dirty, but acceptable. Getting it first cleaned got me intimate with it, and even with the above said issues, I am pleased. I have already ordered the detent/stop and spring along wit ha new hammer release, this one feels too smoothed out without a snap in its break. Nothing that can't be addressed and made right.

Stayin' away from the ammonia!!!

Thanks for the reply - looking forward to shooting when the replacement parts arrive!

Comment

Feed ramp - see the pinging on the left edge? Almost looks like the slide slamming an empty chamber.

20210108_165039.jpg

Comment

Not sure the Bersas will do that, but yeah, some folks think that using the slide stop to release the slide on an empty chamber is cool.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

So taking the two newest (to me) to the range, I have found that the FS shoots infinitely sweeter than the BT Plus - go figure! That was a surprise. The Plus is biting me in the web- not so much a bite to the skin, but a shock in a specific repeatable spot. Not necessarily enough to initially flinch, but enough to realize during a second mag that "this ain't so fun!". The FS, one the other hand, but in the same hand, is the first 9mm semi I have found to be comfortable and a pleasure to shoot. Enough so that I needed to tell myself enough was enough before my relaxing range time cost me too dearly. What a sweetheart!

Eye candy...

plus n firestorm.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X