Sights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sights

Just got my Thunder Pro 9 UC and love it. Very accurate on the first go and not a single malfunction in my first 500 rounds. As a 'not so young' guy, who wears trifocals... what sights would you folks recommend. I don't shoot competition and this is my EDC/CCW and I'd like something for all lighting situations, bright and low-light. Big Dot? Pyramid? Diamond?

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    Robert A. Heinlein
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
    Robert A. Heinlein

Re: Sights

Welcome to the club Daddiomax.........the standard sights worked out fine for me. I wear bi-focal glasses also. I aimed at bulls eye targets for a while....now I only point and shoot.
    Basically what that means is - I no longer aim...I shoot at the whole target. If the bullet lands on the paper- thats a hit.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat DaddioMax. If primarily for self defense, practice point & shoot, as Brojohn says. In a defensive situation, little time to worry about the proper stance, etc, just grab & shoot. Muscle memory, speed & accuracy will come with practice. 'Course, it is fun to go to the range & just throw lead down the lane. For that, I got a high priced "Bright Sights" paint kit & opted for the orange on the front sight only. Helps me pick it up real quick. Don't help in low light or no light, so I'll just rely on instinct for that. It can be done a lot cheaper with fingernail polish or model paint.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I agree with the others but really in very dark conditions IF you want to actually see the sights you need your preferred Sig night sights. your UC Pro uses Sig sights.

Comment

Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Comment

Originally posted by priler View Post
            I agree with the others but really in very dark conditions IF you want to actually see the sights you need your preferred Sig night sights. your UC Pro uses Sig sights.
            Sig #8 for both front and rear sights
            TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

I think Meprolight has some nice sets. I believe they have different color combinations too and I think an adjustable one.

IMO they make some of the best. Eagle Imports should perhaps offer them on their site (but have them shipped directly from Meprolight).

Comment

Look at an XS Big Dot sight. Use their sight selector for Bersa. Later model UC's use Sig sights.
                https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8624

https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=9301

Me? I don't use sights (point-n-shoot) but paint the front one orange with the sides of the back sight painted a flat black.
                Last edited by pollyb; 05-05-2017, 05:35 PM. Reason: change front to back

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
                  Look at an XS Big Dot sight. Use their sight selector for Bersa. Later model UC's use Sig sights.
                  https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=8624

https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=9301

Me? I don't use sights (point-n-shoot) but paint the front one orange with the sides of the back sight painted a flat black.
                  Do you actually have this site on your Thunder 9? I checked out the links and they don't have a selection for the Thunder 9 series Bersas. Maybe they did when you posted this nearly a year ago?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Comment

The links I gave are for the Sig sights that fit the later model Bersa Pro Thunder UC & HC.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-15 at 11.59.39 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	600955
                    Last edited by TuxAir; 04-16-2018, 12:06 AM.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
                      The links I gave are for the Sig sights that fit the later model Bersa Pro Thunder UC & HC.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]9579[/ATTACH]
                      Thanks for the clarification. As long as they have them for Sig #8 sights they should fit.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DaddioMax View Post
                        Just got my Thunder Pro 9 UC and love it. Very accurate on the first go and not a single malfunction in my first 500 rounds. As a 'not so young' guy, who wears trifocals... what sights would you folks recommend. I don't shoot competition and this is my EDC/CCW and I'd like something for all lighting situations, bright and low-light. Big Dot? Pyramid? Diamond?

Robert A. Heinlein
                        I will try and write down the sights I saw at my range Tuesday. They were fiber optic. I think these were them. Hope the pic copied. Expensive though. Like $160
                        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by ParaCav View Post
                          Sig #8 for both front and rear sights
                          I read somewhere or saw it in a manual that Bersa sights were Sig too
                          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I am a firm believer in laser sights. My Thunder 380 has a Crimson Trace grip and my Ruger LC380 has a LaserLyte. Progressive glasses on? No problem. Bifocals on? No problem. Sunglasses on? No problem. No glasses on? No problem. Daylight? No problem. Nighttime? No problem. Put the red dot where you want the bullet to go and pull the trigger. No problem.
                            People say it's too hard to hold it steady. No problem You are not trying to hold it steady - You pull the trigger when the dot is where you want it. I get 2 inch groups at 10 feet and that's good enough for center mass.
                            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                            X