TPR9 HC Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TPR9 HC Review

Can I assume the safety in engaged with 1 in the chamber and the mag removed?

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelcracker View Post
      Can I assume the safety in engaged with 1 in the chamber and the mag removed?
      Yes the safety can be engaged with 1 in the chamber and a magazine removed, however due to the double nature of the safety/decocker it will let the hammer down, lock the slide, disconnect the trigger, and engage the firing pin block while in the safe (up) position when you decock. Moving the safety to the off position will allow you to fire the pistol double action with a magazine removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane View Post
        Yes the safety can be engaged with 1 in the chamber and a magazine removed, however due to the double nature of the safety/decocker it will let the hammer down, lock the slide, disconnect the trigger, and engage the firing pin block while in the safe (up) position when you decock. Moving the safety to the off position will allow you to fire the pistol double action with a magazine removed.
        Yes, it sounds like I'm nit picking, but the firing pin block is not directly affected by the safety. It is passive and always on until the hammer goes back a certain distance, or is cocked. If the hammer is down, the pin block is active regardless of the safety's position.
        "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

On the Thunder 380 if the mag is removed and you still have i in the chamber the gun will not fire. That was my question relative to the TPR.

Comment

Finally got tired of the undersized case and did something about it. I snagged an MTM case for a couple of bucks off of fleabay and cut out a Kaizen foam insert for it.
            Attached Files

Comment

Folks that seem to know more about it than I do, say that foam stuff can collect moisture & cause rust. Might throw a couple desiccant packs in there. The little ones that come in medicine bottles, etc should work, just change them out every couple weeks or so.
              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Yeah I've got a moisture absorber that I throw in them plus they go in with a light coat of CLP. That's worked for me for the last couple of decades.

Comment

Not sure this was posted or not: http://gunblast.com/Bersa-TPR9c.htm

Comment

I'm kind of disappointed the compact is going to have the safety lock feature where the HC doesn't have it. And yeah I know, unlock it and throw the key away, but still I'm of the school that the less moving parts the better.

Comment

Just picked up my tpr9dt from my FFL today. $377.99. Haven't had a chance to take it to the range to fire it yet - spent the afternoon cleaning it. Surprisingly, it need a good deep cleaning. One other change from the Tp9HC that I've never hear or read is that they've done away with safety lock above the tack down lever. That was a feature that I liked, but is not a deal breaker. The grey on the slide looks a lot better in person than in pictures. It is a darker, not quite gun metal grey and not as shiny as pictures may suggest.

Although the handle is slimmer, I do prefer the grip stenciling of the tp9 more. I feel that the TPR9 might slip a little more.

Overall pretty happy with the look and have no doubt will be happy with the operation if it has any improvement over the Bersa 9 and Thunder 9.

Case is from HF. $37 after coupon.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. I've not handled one yet, but I think it may be time to replace my 15 yr old UC9 with one of these.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                        "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

I don't personally own a T9PHC but one of my shooting buddies has one and I've put a hundred + rounds through it and cleaned it a few times. I feel like the TPR is the next logical evolution of the TP9HC. Given that IMHO the TPR is a step up due to the trigger alone. Seriously it feels like as soon as you go to reset it clicks. I haven't measured it but it's very very little travel. The slimmer grip is noticeable and guys with really big mitts may not like it. I feel comfortable with both the TP9 and TPR grips, and I have what most folks would call mid sized hands.

Performance wise IMHO the edge goes to the TPR due to the trigger and the slide bevel. Accuracy wise I would say they are equals, but I am noticeable faster with more accuracy on the TPR due to the two features I cited. Both pistols are darn good, and I really can't say anything bad about the T9PHC. I'm pretty sure that folks that complain about the grip on the T9PHC being to thick can swap it out for the TPR grip, I'm going to order a T9PHC grip to see if that is a fact. I've got another TPR9HC on order and if I run across a used T9PHC for a decent price I'll probably snag it.

IMHO if you like the T9PHC you'll really like the TPR9HC.
                          Arcane, I'm curious if you ever got the grips to swap. I'd love to get some aftermarket wood grips for a TPR, but they are only offered for the Thunder 9.

Comment

Originally posted by spiffysimon View Post

Arcane, I'm curious if you ever got the grips to swap. I'd love to get some aftermarket wood grips for a TPR, but they are only offered for the Thunder 9.
                            I wasn't even aware that there were wooden aftermarket grips for the Thunder 9 Pro HC, I was basing this on the stock T9PHC grip.

Comment

I wasn't even aware that there were wooden aftermarket grips for the Thunder 9 Pro HC, I was basing this on the stock T9PHC grip.
                              There is a guy called "Marschal Grips" that makes a set. I'd like to find an alternate guy because the wait times on this marschal dude seem to be 10ish weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by spiffysimon View Post

There is a guy called "Marschal Grips" that makes a set. I'd like to find an alternate guy because the wait times on this marschal dude seem to be 10ish weeks.
                                They made a set of grips for a Walther I had, a few years back, and they were beautiful. Your right about the wait time though...guess it takes a while to make it across the Atlantic? Lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X