UC9 trigger reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UC9 trigger reset

I bought a used UC9 the other month. It ran great for around 700 rounds and lots of dry fire practice. The other day I was dry firing and after a few pulls the trigger got noticeably lighter on both da and sa. And the trigger would slowly go back to reset position.
    I have looked at the trigger spring and it seems to be in place properly and in one piece.
    The gun is no longer under warranty so want to try and fix it myself.
    Any ideas as to what the issue might be or what to look at to find the problem.
    I'm no gun smith but I'm pretty mechanically inclined and hoping this is something I can do myself.
    Any feedback is welcomed and needed.

Ratattackof1 ...

You might check the trigger bar on the right side for debris (or something creating a bind) causing the slow reset and lighter pull. To get a better look at it you may want to remove the grip (note: the slotted pin in the end of the grip is a cam NOT A SCREW.)

Look here for grip removal.

good luck

jab
    Long story short, jab is a male.
    Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Also, a thorough cleaning could solve your problem. Since this is a second hand gun it is possible that the original owner did not get all of the packing protection off. (That is not a lubricant but a preservative for overseas shipping.) Use brake Parts Cleaner then compress air dried then CLP then compressed air again until everything runs clear.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I think you guys are on to something. I removed the grip and gave it a decent washing with what brake cleaner I had left. I then recoiled it and it got quite a bit better.
        I'm going to get more break cleaner and give it a good dousing. I like the compressed air idea.
        I'll post my results.

Comment

BTW thanks for the input

Comment

Update
            took the grip off and removed the hammer spring then sprayed the heck out of it with brake cleaner and air. Focusing on the back part of the trigger slide arm near the saftey lever. Oiled it real heavy with synthetic lube then let it set for a couple hours to let the oil get down inside everything real good.
            Dry fired it a few times and it seems to be working as normal now. Will take it to the range this weekend see how it runs. I'm gonna call it good though.

Comment

That is good news Ratattackof1.

Be sure when you use Brake Cleaner to spray with air and follow with CLP or oil and spray with air again. (note: Break Cleaner removes ALL of the oil.)

Thanks for the update.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

One more sad update to this saga.
                it was working fine after the last cleaning. Took it to the range today and after about 200 rounds the trigger spring snapped. I can actually move it around with a toothpick.
                here's my delema. The gun was purchase used for $250. (Was inexpensive). Is this gun worth sending to bersa for repairs. Calculating shipping both ways and then transfer fees.
                I'm thinking the gun has to be pretty worn out to have broken a trigger spring and from what I understand replacing the trigger spring is probably the hardest repair to do on this gun.
                I'm wondering if I should spend the money to get the trigger spring fixed? To be honest if I send it to the factory for repair I would rather the gun just be rebuilt completely to insure no more issues.
                could use some advise from the bersa community on this one.
                Thanks

Comment

Basically is THIS gun worth the money to rebuild or should I just eat my losses and cut and run on this one.

Comment

I found a TPRC9 shipped for $420.
                    is the trigger just as good on this version as the UC9?
                    I might just buy a new tprc9 and write the old uc9 off.
                    opinions?

Comment

Send it to me for disposal.........(hehehe)

All kidding aside, while a new gun is a nice thing to have, I would repair the UC9. You've got thousands of rounds yet to go in that , the best of the Bersas) UC9.

Bill
                      W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
                      NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

If you ship it direct to the repair shop, they can ship it back to you with no transfer fee. Down side is, UPS or Fedex will require you pay for overnight shipment, if you tell them what it is.
                        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I'll call bersa tomorrow and see if they can give a cost estimate on repairing the uc9.
                          I just watched a YouTube video from shotshow on the differences between the uc9 and tprc9.
                          The differences actually addressed the things I didn't like about my uc9.
                          slightly slimmer grip and trigger while just as smooth is reported as a little lighter.
                          What a Selena I have..lol
                          New gun vs fix old gun...loving the idea of a new gun. All ways love getting new guns..lol

Comment

Delema...

Comment

So maybe do both??

I'd suggest you contact Wolfgang The Gun Doctor, a Bersa Chat member & former warranty 'Smith. He certainly knows Bersas. Some members have stated they would pay him to repair their Bersas , even if under warranty.
                              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
                              X