9mm UC hammer won't stay back and trigger won't reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9mm UC hammer won't stay back and trigger won't reset

My brother gave me this pistol last night, we knew it needed a new stop pin spring but I can't seem to figure out what's going on with the hammer and trigger any help would be appreciated.

Welcome Rperez8888

Will the trigger go all the way forward after it is pulled all the way back and released?

If not then it needs a new trigger spring...(not a job for a novice on the 9UC...it should be replaced by a gunsmith)

good luck jab
    Long story short, jab is a male.
    Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by pollyb View Post
      Welcome Rperez8888

Will the trigger go all the way forward after it is pulled all the way back and released?

If not then it needs a new trigger spring...(not a job for a novice on the 9UC...it should be replaced by a gunsmith)

good luck jab
      It will only go forward if I manually reset it.

Comment

Then the trigger spring needs replacing and really should be done by a Gunsmith.

If you or your brother are not the original owner then it will probably not be covered under warranty.

Look here for warranty center information.
        Long story short, jab is a male.
        Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the problem & looks like Pollyb has it covered.
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by pollyb View Post
            Then the trigger spring needs replacing and really should be done by a Gunsmith.

If you or your brother are not the original owner then it will probably not be covered under warranty.

Look here for warranty center information.
            My brother is the original owner but the gun was bought back in 08 so warranty isn't something I'm worried about

Comment

The original owner can get the service under warranty.
              https://bersachat.com/forums/forum/w...ers#post633904

There is also a non warranty gunsmith listed that has had great feedback from our members.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Working...
              X