Frog Lube

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frog Lube

Tried it, Makes cleaning simple without the mess. Light application is the key. Any opimions?

Re: Frog Lube

I've heard of it. Never seen it. It my be good stuff.
    I use Dupont dry lube, CLP, and Rem oil.....because they have it at WW, and its cheap.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/show...l=1#post302825

There is a link to a very detailed and comprehensive review of froglube and others. Seems like frog lube is one of the best.

Fact of the matter for me, it's difficult to find frog lube locally. So I keep using CLP and Rem oil spray.
      For thorough bore cleaning, I use Hoppe's bore cleaner, but very, very seldom.

Comment

Love that stuff!

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Save the frogs. Bad enough we cut their legs off . Then you want to use them for Lube. Save a frog use worms
          Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

I have given Frog Lube some thought. I like the idea of coating metal parts so they resist fouling. Have not tried it yet. I do coat parts with BreakFree CLP and it seems to do fine. I used to eat frog legs when I lived on a farm, not sure I want to make a lube out of frogs. But who knows? I may eventually try it.

Comment

We used on all of our weapons, but it really shines on the AR, because it cleans up so easily.
              NRA Range Safety Officer

Comment

Just purchased a tube. FrogLube recommends all previous petroleum lubes be stripped off. I emailed Simple Green to get an opinion about using it to clean guns. They responded in the positive, so I used the recommended dilution on the bottle, placed it in a Harbor Freight sonic cleaner heated the solution and ran the parts through an eight minute cycle.

After the cleaning I rinsed the parts and placed them in a small toaster oven I purchased for a few dollars from a local Goodwill store. I did this to help dry the parts and also FrogLube recommends applying the paste while the metal is heated.

As recommended I allowed the parts to rest for several hours before removing the excess. I have not made it to the range since then but I will report back on when I do.

Comment

I've been using it for quite a while now and pretty much exclusively since I ran out of the good Finish Line teflon chain lubricant. It works really well and makes clean-up a breeze. If you find your slide, bolt etc. is sticky or sluggish after a long time of storage, you have applied too much. Just warm it up and wipe off the excess from the parts.

Comment

Great stuff, but getting a little expensive around here. Can get more "miles" by using the paste. Just warm the metal or paste with a hair dryer.
                    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

A local gun store had a 25% off, or so they said,. I purchased 8 oz of the paste for $17.69 including sales tax. The sales person I spoke with said his guard unit now use FrogLube exclusively. I noticed it does not take much to treat my hand gun, 8 oz may be a life time supply! I am a bit older than the average shooter. Again I will report back after a trip to range. Thanks for the comments.

Comment

I heard that stuff causes warts!
                        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by 10ring View Post
                          A local gun store had a 25% off, or so they said,. I purchased 8 oz of the paste for $17.69 including sales tax. The sales person I spoke with said his guard unit now use FrogLube exclusively. I noticed it does not take much to treat my hand gun, 8 oz may be a life time supply! I am a bit older than the average shooter. Again I will report back after a trip to range. Thanks for the comments.
                          I've had a small jar of the paste some quite some time now. Only about 1/3 of it has been used. It'll keep and last you a long time. More is not better though. Keep that in mind. You'll use the most when initially treating your weapons. After that, a light application is fine.Just follow their directions.

Comment

I started using Frog Lube in May after the recommendation of a friend. I do like it for my rifles and cleaning but I don't think it's as good a rust inhibitor as Gibbs (which I've used for years). I've gone back to Gibbs for my carry pieces because of some surface rust issues on my BP9CC. I use the frog lube for cleaning and finish off the important metal parts with Gibbs.

I carry all the time... even when I'm doing manual labor. The pistol gets cleaned once a month. In all the years of using Gibbs, I've never had an issue with any surface rust but I had two spots show up on my primary carry with Frog Lube. I'm not saying it's a bad product. It just doesn't perform as well for me and my maintenance cycle/carry environment for my EDC.

The bare metal dudes use Gibbs and I now see why!

Comment

I tried it but it's too confusing when to heat, when to season, blah blah blah. I'll stick with old school methods.
                              Gunowner99
                              NRA Endowment Life Member
                              Bersa Thunder 380 Plus

Comment

Working...
                              X