Mobil 1 0W-20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobil 1 0W-20

There is a thread on the Michigan Gun Owners forum with a discussion about gun lube. Many claim to use Mobil 1 0W-20 with excellent results. I just bought a couple of 5 quart jugs for the Murano. Maybe I'll give it a try.

For reference I have been using Finish Line Teflon Dry Chain Lube on the rails on all my guns and KG10 for dry lube since RC recommended them. I have used G96 Gun Treatment for years for general interior/exterior cleaning and for bore protection after using bore solvent.

So back to the title of the thread .... does anyone here use Mobil 1?? I'm sure it is way cheaper that any gun oil .... but I probably don't use enough to make a difference.

Re: Mobil 1 0W-20

My car uses it and hasn't backfired yet.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Never thought of it.....but you are definitely right...."... I'm sure it is way cheaper that any gun oil ..."
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
        My car uses it and hasn't backfired yet.
        My Kahr CW9 back-fired on me once!..... actually I had a ruptured case on some re-man Freedom Ammunition (with an A).
        It was a trip...... don't wish it on anyone.

Edit: I do not fault the gun at all....it was a bad reload. If the Kahr hadn't been equipped with the safety panel...it may have hurt my hand for sure.
        Attached Files
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Oh....sorry. Not intended to hijack the thread...... 10w30 is the subject.
          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I use it in the bore, in place of CLP, but still use Finish Line on rails & for external/internal corrosion protection.
            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I have used synthetic engine oil when it was what was in arms reach. Not Mobil 1 specifically, it was Redline, but close enough. It seemed to work fine. I was using it to flog a new AR running it wet. I see no strong argument pro or con. If you have it, use it.

Sent from space for your entertainment.
              "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Originally posted by brojohn View Post
                Oh....sorry. Not intended to hijack the thread...... 10w30 is the subject.
                There is a 0w30 in the Mobile 1 line up. It would be very thin with a lube rating of 30W.
                Sorry looks back.
                Worry looks around.
                Faith looks up.

Comment

Working...
                X