X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY "Shoot N See" Targets

This looks simple enough. Pretty cool!
    http://www.diysplattertargets.com/
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Re: DIY "Shoot N See" Targets

That is cool. Thanks RT
    if you can read this thank a Teacher
    if it's in English thank a VET

Comment

That looks like something I could do. I really have trouble seeing where i hit.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Definitely worth a sticky in FAQ and How To forum....done

Thanks for sharing RT
        Long story short, jab is a male.
        Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I have been using those splatter targets with the cover up stickers. They are cool and real easy for old farts like me, to see the bullet holes, especially when shooting 22's. I bought a box of 120/12" targets real cheap, at a gun auction last year.
          TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Too many steps in his instructions. Use any size cardboard backing, spray with spray adhesive, use one layer of the plastic bag, work out wrinkles from the center out, let dry, trimming excess around the cardboard, paint, shoot....

Also if you use a large piece of cardboard once everything is dry you can cut it into small targets, because the plastic is glued smooth to the cardboard.

Just my 2 cents[emoji12]

RETRACTION: Don't use spray adhesive, you won't get the wrinkles out, they are small but the plastic bag sticks to the adhesive fast!

Second when sliding the cardboard into a bag like he shows don't try and get the wrinkles out by taping the back, just enough to hold it kind of tight. The spray paint will CAUSE wrinkles. Once the spray paint dries you can stretch tight and tape the back thus removing most of the wrinkles.
            See when I screw up I tell you I screwed up. LOL
            Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 01-14-2015, 01:48 PM.
            In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Has anybody tried this with black bags and light colored paint? I prefer lighter colored targets since some of my gunsights are black.

Load, Shoot, Clean, Repeat...

Comment

Originally posted by drband View Post
                Has anybody tried this with black bags and light colored paint? I prefer lighter colored targets since some of my gunsights are black.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work in the reverse color.
                In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by brojohn View Post
                  That looks like something I could do. I really have trouble seeing where i hit.
                  Ok so now you will know how many missed the entire target.
                  Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Working...
                  X