Home Charging Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Charging Station

I live in Florida, that means lightning storms, tropical storms and hurricanes. My grid sucks, almost every month I loose power. It can be an hour or many hours. Duke Energy sends out a text saying crews are on their way.

Well I have a charging station in my living area that when the power is on I charge everything from tablets to 20 and 40 volt batteries. It is also equipped with a back up power supply the same as I have on my computer.

Now if you look at this it looks lake a nice chest of drawers.

Charge station closed.jpg

It's definitely not an eye sore. Where is all this charging stuff hidden? Well the main power comes in through a hole I drilled in the back side of the top drawer.

Now look at the inside when I open the drawer. Every charging device I have, L-Ion battery chargers, Ni-Cad chargers, digital chargers, USB chargers of all sizes. All my battery power tools running 20 and 40 volt batteries are charged here too. I have spare rechargeable batteries and commercial batteries ready to go.

Charge station open.jpg

This gives you an idea of how I MacGyvered this charging station.

Now if I run into long outages I go into my propane generator outside in my genshack and back feed my house. I would rather not tell you how I do this because of safety concerns, like killing a lineman if you forget to drop the main breaker and leave it off while on the genset.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Great idea, RC! But I'm sure it was a real booger bear trying to run the power cord through that hole behind the unit.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DistantFlu...pgcSBGnct9F6BU
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

The dude in the video isn't in the USA, look at the plug..two pins.

Europe.png

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
        The dude in the video isn't in the USA, look at the plug..two pins.
        Sometimes it feels like you gotta reach all the way to Mexico to plug in.

Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 10-24-2020, 08:22 AM.
        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post

Sometimes it feels like you gotta reach all the way to Mexico to plug in.

I hear the EU is annexing Mexico for its energy. But the people in the USA need to go along way to the plugin area.

New Mexico.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X