Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Academy Sports Fires Manager for "Touching" a Thug Stealing a Gun!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy Sports Fires Manager for "Touching" a Thug Stealing a Gun!

A sporting goods store employee, who last month helped catch a suspect allegedly trying to swipe a weapon, was suspended and later lost his job at the Florida business following the incident, his lawyer said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/11...wyer-says.html

A good guy punished for doing the right thing.

No Academy Sports around me but I wouldn't shop there if there was one here. Sigh.

Re: Academy Sports Fires Manager for "Touching" a Thug Stealing a Gun!

Yep..... I'm done with Academy- and I have bought a ton of stuff from them in the past. I'm done with Dick's Sporting Goods and Field & Stream too.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Don't know about other Academy Sports locations, but I will not do business with the gun department at the one in Longview. They handled the warranty for my Sig & delayed contacting me for a month after it's return from Sig.

As to above story, I guess shaking hands with a customer is also a no-no?
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

should've just started banging on him, he had a gun

https://www.facebook.com/TallyPD/posts/1905652669497386

Comment

And his photo sow he's so proud of his accomplishment. Black Lives Matter, you know.
          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

The CEO of Academy has rehired him. Big backlash over the firing.

Read quick as the link wants you to take a survey for temporary access.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/ ... 782368002/
            Sorry looks back.
            Worry looks around.
            Faith looks up.

Comment

Originally posted by north tex View Post
              The CEO of Academy has rehired him. Big backlash over the firing.

Read quick as the link wants you to take a survey for temporary access.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/ ... 782368002/
              I bet what we don't know if he had to pledge allegiance to the crappy no touch policy in the future. I read he had many new job offers, If I was him I would go back to Academy and check out the best offer out there. Then resign like in "Hasta la vista, Baby"

Nowhere in the article did the company say we are changing our policy.
              In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

I'm leaning towards visiting only gun stores when I'm in the market for a firearm. These big box outfits that force you to wade through sports clothes, kayaks and golf and tennis accoutrements before you get to the guns seem to prioritize their customer base in categories that I just don't fit into.
                Last edited by gun sane; 07-14-2018, 10:49 AM.
                Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

He should go work for Dick’s Sporting Goods. They pride themselves on trying to keep guns out of people’s hands.

Comment

If they took him back under duress, you can bet he'll have a target on his back. I also would advise him to look elsewhere. The only thing I've bought from Academy in several years is Finish Line Dry Lube, so they'll never miss my business. Guess I'm gonna have to start paying more for it on line, or do without.
                    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

any good corporate HR board can fire anybody for showing up to work on time and doing their job, gotta figure upwards of 99% never get the attention of the CEO so that's how the get rolled. with that many offers it'd be a shame not to make a step up while at the same time leaving all the future uncertainty & discernment in the rear view. then again now that the CEO knows his name he may catch the next advancement op within the company too ... tough call sometimes

Comment

The only reason I've been to Dicks, Academy or the like recently has been to find a 5 to 10 pound box of #3 or #4 buckshot. I need that for the keel of my RC sailboat I am building. I hate to buy a 25 pound box when I need less than 7.
                        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by groberts View Post
                          The only reason I've been to Dicks, Academy or the like recently has been to find a 5 to 10 pound box of #3 or #4 buckshot. I need that for the keel of my RC sailboat I am building. I hate to buy a 25 pound box when I need less than 7.
                          pic of the boat?

Comment

Originally posted by guns4me View Post
                            pic of the boat?
                            Here she is but only partly complete. The house are build but not assembled on the deck yet, nor are the masts. I'm in a hotel for a while so nothing is getting doe right how. She is the Emma C Berry, a two-masted schooner and the hull is 35 inches long.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Emma Small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	601024
                            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by groberts View Post
                              Here she is but only partly complete. The house are build but not assembled on the deck yet, nor are the masts. I'm in a hotel for a while so nothing is getting doe right how. She is the Emma C Berry, a two-masted schooner and the hull is 35 inches long.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]9706[/ATTACH]
                              I hope you are not putting all that Buckshot in loose... Or, are you gonna shoot it ???
                              A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Working...
                              X