No announcement yet.

It's 3:01 AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With commercials seeming to come every 5 minutes these days, I usually tend to go to sleep in my recliner when watching TV, so thought I'd fight the insomnia by sleeping in my chair tonight. Didn't work! Even the commercials couldn't put me to sleep. More comfortable lying awake in my bed, so good night to all & to all a good night.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

About 4:15 this morning a 4.4 quake shook East Tennessee and went all the way to Atlanta. It was centered about 65 miles west of here. I'm happy to say I slept through it and the small afterquakes. It must take a lot to shake me up.....and I thank God that our home at Teetering on the Brink is still teetering but not collapsed. I've let the President know that we're okay, although if FEMA wants to show up with coffee and donuts, I'll welcome their hospitality.

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-1...see-earthquake

Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

I was watching tv in the basement and when I came upstairs at 1:30 I turned on the spotlights just to check outside. Sure enough there was a big ugly possum at Sue's critter feeder. She says she is feeding birds but she is feeding lots of other stuff too. I got the suppressed Ruger 22/45 and went out the side door... they usually are on the run by the time I get outside. This one was so big I don't this he was afraid of much. I peered around the corner and he just looked at me. The first shot disabled him but it took a few more to get him to settle down. Then get dressed, start the car and make a disposal run. Finally to bed at 2:10 and wide awake after the crisp 33 degree air. Sigh.

I don't like killing animals - not even big, ugly, nasty possums .... but they could easily take down our little dogs. Probably a slightly smaller one will take his place as Sue's Critter Diner tomorrow night. Double Sigh.

Comment

Since our Yorkie cornered one in the back yard & we had so much trouble catching her, I check it out before letting her out. So far, it comes & goes peaceful, after feeding on persimmons, so haven't had to kill it. The one we have isn't aggressive at all. The night she cornered it, it backed into a corner, facing her, but never made any motion to attack her or me. I stationed myself between it & the dog, maybe 5 ft from it & with my back to it, until Marty could bring me a blanket to capture the dog. When we got back inside, it calmly climbed the fence & left.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Not that I have very much experience with cornered possums but they don't charge ... they retreat until they are attacked. Our problem is that our 2 older Maltese will attack just about anything. One of them will dance around in front of you for a distraction and the other one will circle around and bite the back of your legs.

Comment

As this year draws to a close, I want to thank the membership for making me Bersa Chat Moderator of the Year. Since receiving this honor, my leadership skills have increased exponentially. With great confidence, I now start the Happy Birthday song at every party.

Comment

Darn. Missed another Party! Maybe next time. Happy Birthday gunsane! Haha!

Comment

I just couldn't stand it! It's 3 am & I am chowing down on a bacon sammich!

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Bacon ALWAYS makes insomnia better. Good choice!

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Danged phone.......every time I put it in airplane mode, strangers sit next to me and a baby cries.

Comment

Roommate is making an early Christmas dinner this year. Banging pots & pans is a nice way of getting woke up !!!
                        A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Don't be too upset. The only time Sue cooks around here is when we have large group dinners ...... I guess cooking for 2 is too boring. Sigh.

Comment

Sue cooks?? Oh, that's right, you aren't retired yet. Marty cooked a lot of meals over the years, but when I announced I was retiring, she retired also. Once in a while, she'll decide she wants a particular dish & cook it, but it's usually 'fend for yourself' around here.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I do most of the cooking. I'm better at it. I made eggs benedict this morning and ate twice what I should have. I cant resist the hollandaise.

Sent from Texas, to space & back for your entertainment.

"The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

I don't even know what eggs benedict is. When I was a kid, the only way I'd eat eggs is scrambled with lots of ketchup. Now, I've tried 'em scrambled a couple ways (less the ketchup) but only way I like them now is fried. Actually, all my cookin' is so simple a 3 year old could do it.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
                                X