Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Frasier was still in Seattle....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-lLoU2owi4
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
      If Frasier was still in Seattle....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-lLoU2owi4
      "....If I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest In your problem" That about sums it up for me.
      The meaning of life: To be happy and useful.

Comment

oldmagspring.jpg newmagspring.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Letereat View Post

I assume you are concerned with the difference in length of old spring on left & new spring on right?

If so, number of coils & diameter of the wire is more important. A new spring will usually be longer than one which has been compressed in a pistol or magazine for a while.
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post

I assume you are concerned with the difference in length of old spring on left & new spring on right?

If so, number of coils & diameter of the wire is more important. A new spring will usually be longer than one which has been compressed in a pistol or magazine for a while.
            Nah, who cares about all that mumbo jumbo technical stuff. I just liked the color contrast of the yellow number thingy next to the bullet pusher upper. Why you going off all half cocked about left and right?

Yep, the wire diameter appears to be identical. If I had a mic, I would make certain. Both have 17 coils as well. I made extra certain to order part # TP380C4 , the factory spring for the 7 round magazine. Got two of em. Cleaned both mags with "Gun Scrubber" and a nylon brush. Dry, no oil. Started a Bersa 380 Mag Spring log. Awaiting first fail to feed.
            What I need is a way to measure the amount of compression force, in pounds per square inch for every 3/8 inch that the spring is compressed from the top down to the bottom of the mag, or 1 to 7 cartridges loaded. Measure the amount of upward force exerted in relation to amount of compression in inches. Something like that.
            Last edited by Letereat; 06-27-2020, 01:22 AM. Reason: Correction 17 coils, not 16

Comment

Well, if'n I'd had a better pic to look at, I'd have counted 'em for ya & yeah, they are the same wire diameter.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

The next time you're kinda down & thinkin' your life is boring, think about this:

You're riding on a big lump of re cycled star dust across near nothingness at over 1 million miles an hour, while twirling around in wobbly circles at over 400 miles an hour, all while on a collision course with the galaxy Orion.

if you hang on tight enough,, you get to do it again tomorrow.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
                X