What did you do today GUN RELATED, the sequel! Or "Back to the Range!"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did you do today GUN RELATED, the sequel! Or "Back to the Range!"

We closed the original thread "What did you do today? Gun Related!" Started by our old friend and former member Horseshoe way back in 2014. It just became too long at 165 pages and 2200+ posts!

Sooooo, this is your place to post what you did and entertain and amaze all of your good friends here at Bersa Chat!

I packed up some range gear and a couple of handguns to get ready to take a noob shooting. A longtime friend and non-gunner has finally decided to get a firearm for self defense. He came to the house a couple of weeks ago for basic gun safety and handling and now it is time for the range. His favorite gun here was my Bersa 9UC and that is in the bag ready to go. It was my first carry gun and it is a good shooter. John is a leftie so the ambidextrous controls are a big advantage. I may load up the 9HC as it may fit his hand better and he is strictly looking for home defense .... I've been working on him for a few years to get him shooting and it is finally becoming a reality!

Comment

It wasn't today, but yesterday......I got a phone call from a number that was vaguely familiar, but I couldn't match a name to it. The man said he was returning my call. Because I had texted a couple of guys about the Henry/Ruger 10/22 trade, I thought maybe it was the one who missed out on the deal. "Are you calling about trading your .22 rifle?" I asked.

"No, I don't own a gun. I thought you may be one of my constituents."

A danged politician who doesn't own firearms!!!! {CLICK}

Two strikes and he was out.
      Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Been carrying my XDs in RC's neck of the woods this week. Was approached by an officer (not in an unkindly way). Asked where I was from and then told me I needed to play along. We are just going to have a chat about the weather and whatnot to make it look right to a family over there he said. They are tourists and anxiously told me a bad guy in jeans and a black t-shirt was carrying a gun. I watched you for a few and saw nothing wrong. I'm just trying to calm them a bit.

A very friendly guy, and the stop didn't bother me. The officer did not even ask for my HCP. He just thanked me and wished me and my family a pleasant stay.

Tourists....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
          They are tourists and anxiously told me a bad guy in jeans and a black t-shirt was carrying a gun.
          What if you had been a black guy in jeans and a bad t-shirt?

Comment

Perhaps I would have found out what Florida concrete tastes like.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

My hip surgeon had no issue with patients being armed, but some of his patients had fits when someone opened carried into his clinic. others in the building wanted a full ban, but he decided on a 30.07 sign just to bar open carry.
              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Well.....I looked at my gun logs and realized that I had not been to the range since Feb of 18- thats a little over a year. Of course I got sick in early March and was off my feet for 6 months or so? Then on a slow bell for a while.
                Anyway....I brought out my oldest Bersa- the T 380 Delux a couple weeks back wanting to work it into my carry crew. I hadn't fired it since 05/08/16.
                Today I loaded up 2 mags (7 rounders) and staggered my loads- Geco 95gr fmj and Rem 88 gr jhp one behind the other in both mags. I walked out on a trail close by and unloaded on 2 soda cans.....smooth as silk. I was wondering if the switch up each shot would cause feed issues?- no problem. I think I actually hit the can a couple times.
                I think I am about ready to make a range trip....
                Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

So it wasn’t today. But Tuesday I picked up this EMF Posse revolver

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    I expected your department was going to give up their Glocks someday.....but for that?

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post

I expected your department was going to give up their Glocks someday.....but for that?
                      If you saw the way I shot it...

Comment

I took a buddy to the range to shoot yesterday. It was his first time shooting except for plinking a 22 years ago. He shot the 9UC and was amazed at the power and noise. I should have brought a 22 for him to warm up. He hit the center of the target but he needed lots of supervision to monitor his gun handling skills. He was nervous and admitted he was afraid of guns but at the end of an hour he was doing better. Next trip I'll bring a 22 and also the 9HC which will fit his hand better.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          I bet it will go great with your chaps.

Comment

Cleaning up the man cave today. Back during our remodel and a wood floor installation of my house last fall, my man cave became a dumping ground. Thought it was high time to make the cave mine again. So far... 16 bags of trash and 5 bags of things to donate. But the big finds were all the reloading components, gun parts, and firearms I forgot I even had. I am now faced with the decision of taking over another part of the house for a dedicated reloading-only space. Anyhow.. back to sorting out stuff before I can actually clean things up.

Comment

We got a new Geezer Gun today, since slides and recoil do get tougher as the years fly by. I think S&W had us in mind when they made the M&P .380 Shield EZ. Anyway, that's what I told the Princess when she tried it on today. Gotta get the factory goop out and take it to the range. I hope it's as good as the YouTube experts say. I'm not crazy about the grip safety, but until I start manufacturing my own guns, I'll have to live with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X