What are you carrying these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you carrying these days?

Here is another topic of the past. This question was asked more on bersatalk than bersachat. I remember back when I first joined bersatalk, I just was getting into handguns. I bought a high point 380 which I still have. I fell in love with Bersa. Loved a gun with a hammer, safety on, pull the hammer release and no bang, long trigger pull if not cocked. With mag in it fit my hand perfect. Wanted a 45 but couldnt find one with a search warrant. I found a 9mm at a pawn shop and bought it just so I had one. Then after that, one popped up on the bersatalk classified with a member in Michigan. I'm in Ky. We did the transaction and went thru FFLs. I finally had my 45 Bersa Ultra Compact. I still have both after all these years. Had Nate make me a nice holster for it. I still carry that 45. It's with me most of the time day and night. I am 100 percent confident that I can depend on that firearm if I ever need it to protect me and mine. I keep her filled with Hornady critical defense. I test her out twice a year with her current ammo, buy fresh, clean her up, reload her and depend on her if I need to. I target shoot with my 9mm which isnt much smaller. I practice with the 9mm for holster draw and handling. I have now over the years bought 29 different handguns. Alot of brands except Glock. MichaelT scared me away from those. My son and son-in-law both Leo's carry glocks and love my Bersa. So the big question of the day (my Samual Jackson impersonation, drum roll please.........) WHATS IN YOUR HOLSTER?????

Some days, Springfield Armory XD MOD 2, other days, Bersa Plus 380. Once in a while the Bersa 45UC SS.
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Springfield XDs 45 on my hip and a Charter Arms Pitbull in 45 ACP in the car holster.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Would like to do a right hand under dash holster for my 03 escalade. Same as the Tahoe, suburban, Denali I believe. I want something right hand draw in case someone breeches my driver side window. What's your car holster?

Comment

My S&W 638 has the honors nowadays, although if I take the Princess' car I have to make do with a Taurus 738. My 9mms are left to house duty.
          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

I pretty much don't leave the house without my S&W 637 - appendix carry.

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
            My S&W 638 has the honors nowadays ......
            OMG! Am I turning into gunsane??

I usually have something else with me ,,,, a 1911, a BT380 Plus, a S&W 60 or 66. But i just like how easy it is to clip on the 637.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...nhanced-action

https://blade-tech.com/products/klipt-holster

Comment

I used to carry my Bersa UC9 most of the time and occasionally carry my Bersa .380 Combat. It has morphed over time to where now I mostly carry the Combat and occasionally carry the UC9.

My wife always has her Thunder .380 and three extra magazines in her purse. Years ago when she first started carrying, I asked her why so many extra magazines. Her reply was, "that's how many fit." Hard to argue with that logic.
              What is best in life? The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Comment

For me, it depends upon the weather to some degree. Also, what day of the week it is. On Sundays, Bersa Thunder 380, Corbon HP's. Hot Summer days: Bersa BP9cc, Legend Pro 115 HP's. On cooler days: Bersa Thunder Pro UC9, Federal LE 124 HST's. On cold days when I can wear a jacket or coat, I havea a lot of options. 1. CZ P-07, 124 HST's 2. Canik TP9 Elite or Canik C-100 40 S&W 3. Glock 17

All these guns are super reliable and hit where ya aim'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Scum View Post

I pretty much don't leave the house without my S&W 637 - appendix carry.

OMG! Am I turning into gunsane??
                  Can you take the kick?
                  Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

XD's .45 in an N82 pro holster. One extra mag.

Kel-Tec P3AT in the back pocket in a DeSantis holster as a BUG

Cold Steel Raja III snag knife

Onlight S1 Baton 300 L LED torch.

Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 05-10-2019, 12:11 PM.
                    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

I have 3 in rotation

Kimber Micro 9 Crimson Rosewood OWB Fobus EDC Condition 1

Kimber Micro Raptor pocket carry in a sticky holster for work dress. Condition 1

CZ-82 OC for the motorcycle. (Works with my heavy gloves). Condition 1

The Bersa is the upstairs house gun since my wife is familiar with it and her home office is upstairs. Condition 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Walk a mile in my shoes, and you will be at the range.

Comment

I've been alternating between .380 Plus, Sig P938 & Remington 1911 Commander. The P938 gets the edge because of weight/thinness, so may spend a bit more time on my belt.
                        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

95 % of the time it is my Keltec PF9. BT380 is next in line. My Ruger P89DC is just to big for concealed carry anymore.
                          Sorry looks back.
                          Worry looks around.
                          Faith looks up.

Comment

LCP always everywhere except where felonious. After that sometimes an additional 1911, sometimes S&W 66, sometimes UC9, less commonly random other bits of mini artillery from the toybox. Might even be carrying a Desert Eagle because people say I can't. You just never know. Now if I were to get myself a vest, well....
                            "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

PH I dont have a 1911, but isnt that a lot of weight in 2019? I'm just asking but isnt there many options for short range defense? Or is that just like driving a 57 Chevy. You do it cause you want to lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X