What were you doing 50 years ago?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 years ago and just back from Nha Trang after my last boat ride (S/S Copper State)......went down to Mobile AL and bought me a 250 Enduro....

7230624546587332792.jpg

Certified Armed Infidel

Hitting the boat, The Lady Lex out of Pensacola bay. Actually finishing up my honeymoon. Wife and I have been married 50 years on June the 1th.
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

I was kicking ass scooping up all the ladies.... on horseback.

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 9.52.41 AM.png

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Just tryin' to keep the bills paid. I'd been transferred from Louisiana to west Texas in '67, still had webbing 'tween my toes & pining for home & family.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Putting Vietnam behind me. Going to Western State College Gunnison, Co. Majored in Fishing and Skiing with my favorite ski bunny.

Photo is my Ski Bunny taken on the porch of my apartment. Take note of the electrical code in running the wiring, LOL The apartment was Bob Hope and Bing Crosby's old mountain retreat converted to 5 units. $50 a month including utilities.

Gunnison.jpg
          In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

USS Gunsane.jpg
            Last edited by TuxAir; 06-18-2019, 01:59 PM. Reason: There... I fixed it for you Gunsane :)
            Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

I was pretending to be Daniel Boone with a toy flintlock long rifle all around my neighborhood. Gee, I just realized how little I've changed.

Comment

Just finished freshman year in High School and never been kissed (not counting getting assaulted by a girl in the cubbies in second grade) Soaking my head in chlorine 2 - 3 hours a day, weeding the garden, and trying to get some sun.

Comment

Brand new college grad and 2LT attending Airborne and Ranger school before taking a Flying Tiger charter to a land far far away that would be home for the next sixteen months.

Comment

Smoking $1.00 a carton cigarettes from the PX, drinking $3.00 a case German beer and eating $.25 bratwurst off a schnitzel wagon in Berlin.
                    Long story short, jab is a male.
                    Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
                      I was kicking ass scooping up all the ladies.... on horseback.

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 9.52.41 AM.png

Made me do a double take. Somewhere in our archives we have a pic of our daughter that is almost identical. Even the pony looks the same. Believe it was taken in San Bernardino around '76.

50 years ago I was at Loring AFB, Me. Had just completed a SAC automated Command Control tech school at Keesler AFB Ms..
                      Sorry looks back.
                      Worry looks around.
                      Faith looks up.

Comment

Same as now. Drooling and crapping my diaper.
                        I was six weeks old then, I don't really have a good excuse now.
                        "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Trying to get used to the heat in Scottsdale Az. Only took that one summer though. And I really enjoyed living with people who appreciated veterans instead of the scumbags in Seattle.
                          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Just graduating from high school. smart ass sassy time

Comment

50 yrs ago? Just about everything I can't do now!
                              TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Working...
                              X