Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JodaddyK
    replied
    11 years old and excited that the Apollo 11 Astronauts were going to walk on the Moon that summer. I remember vividly staying up late into a hot July night watching the flickering black & white TV, and hearing Neil Armstrong saying those words as he stepped onto the lunar surface...."One small step for man...One giant leap for mankind". Great time to be an American in the glory days of NASA.

Leave a comment:

• WVSurveyor
    replied
    Playing Little League baseball. I remember it was hot that summer too.

Leave a comment:

• JCLs
    replied
    Was in apartment in Winston Salem working first job out of Tech School. Safeguard anti ballistic missile system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• smokey
    replied
    Just finished up with 7th grade.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• John_R
    replied
    Unbeknownst to me, kindergarten loomed in my near future. I was quite reluctant to attend.

Leave a comment:

• Tophog
    replied
    Just finished tenth grade and had a new (at least to me) '56 Chevy! Felt like I owned the world.

Leave a comment:

• brojohn
    replied
    Originally posted by ParaCav View Post
    50 yrs ago? Just about everything I can't do now!
    I can relate to that!

Leave a comment:

• ParaCav
    replied
    50 yrs ago? Just about everything I can't do now!

Leave a comment:

• Cornhusker Joe
    replied
    Just graduating from high school. smart ass sassy time

Leave a comment:

• groberts
    replied
    Trying to get used to the heat in Scottsdale Az. Only took that one summer though. And I really enjoyed living with people who appreciated veterans instead of the scumbags in Seattle.

Leave a comment:

• PHMadness
    replied
    Same as now. Drooling and crapping my diaper.
    I was six weeks old then, I don't really have a good excuse now.

Leave a comment:

• north tex
    replied
    Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
    I was kicking ass scooping up all the ladies.... on horseback.

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 9.52.41 AM.png

Made me do a double take. Somewhere in our archives we have a pic of our daughter that is almost identical. Even the pony looks the same. Believe it was taken in San Bernardino around '76.

50 years ago I was at Loring AFB, Me. Had just completed a SAC automated Command Control tech school at Keesler AFB Ms..

Leave a comment:

• pollyb
    replied
    Smoking $1.00 a carton cigarettes from the PX, drinking $3.00 a case German beer and eating $.25 bratwurst off a schnitzel wagon in Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• Army Engineer (Ret)
    replied
    Brand new college grad and 2LT attending Airborne and Ranger school before taking a Flying Tiger charter to a land far far away that would be home for the next sixteen months.

Leave a comment:

• Pond Scum
    replied
    Just finished freshman year in High School and never been kissed (not counting getting assaulted by a girl in the cubbies in second grade) Soaking my head in chlorine 2 - 3 hours a day, weeding the garden, and trying to get some sun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X