No announcement yet.

What's Your Favorite Cup O' Joe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took Starbucks process and make my own to their specs. First, I take 2 tablespoons full of microground coffee powder. Att 30 ml(6 tsp) carmel sugar free syrup. 1 tablespoonful ..splenda 10 oz ice, 8 oz Silk . boiling hot water added to the coffee (2 oz). Add all ingredients to blender and make an Expresso Frappacino. Drink while above 90 F outside and realize how lucky you are.
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Before my wife met met me she was going to Starbucks 5 days a week, and ordering all kinds of thier coffee that they reccomended and know we are married, and she calls me Hebrews and now and now she thinks Starbucks is Grappacino

Comment

The 2 times I went to Starbucks, I ordered mine black. I can understand why they gotta put all that stuff in there to cover up the taste.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I had a cup of Peet's Brazil Minas Naturais this morning. It's a medium brew and tastes pretty good. The main drawback is that it's a Bezerkley, California company. It's also a little pricey, considering how many liberal bean pickers they've lost to a indigenous poison dart.
          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

There's a new shack that opened up on the way to work that is killing me slowly and softly. Its SOOOOO good, but at $5.50 a cup I have to be strong ang drive past. I make it by most days. I usually stop there when I work my half day Saturdays as a treat.
            "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Used to drink 9 or 10 cups a day of whatever was available. For 20 years I drank USAF provided coffee from 30 cup peculators. That could get nasty. Now down to one or two cups a day of microwaved Folgers instant. Have got 2 good coffee pots but don't need them any more.
              Sorry looks back.
              Worry looks around.
              Faith looks up.

Comment

I've had experience with the 30 cup coffee makers. I'd just transferred from Louisiana to west Texas & got into the store before anyone else. I'd cleaned the big pots out as part of my past jobs at the Louisiana branch, but had never made the coffee before. I decided I'd have the coffee ready when everyone one else came in. I didn't know that coffee grounds swelled when they brewed in those pots, so I filled the basket up to the coffee mark. When the boss took his first sip, he asked who made the coffee. I proudly told him I did. He said "don't do it again!" Actually, I didn't think it was that bad.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by garwha View Post
                  .... Starbucks is Grappacino
                  I'm just wondering if that is a typo and you meant to say, "Starbucks is Crappacino!"

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
                  I like good coffee but I'll drink McDonald's crap too.
                  I'll drink most any coffee offered but I refuse to drink coffee from McDonalds! I have had much worse coffee than McDonalds over the years but I figure I need to draw the line somewhere and McDonalds coffee is over that line!

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
                  ... I would however have to politely decline anything gun sane might kindly offer....
                  After reading thru this thread I may have to agree with you .... but if I was ever a guest in gunsane and the Princess's home I may have to accept a cup. To paraphrase what Jesus said, "When you are invited into a home just eat what is put in front of you and don't ask any questions!"

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Scum View Post
                    After reading thru this thread I may have to agree with you .... but if I was ever a guest in gunsane and the Princess's home I may have to accept a cup. To paraphrase what Jesus said, "When you are invited into a home just eat what is put in front of you and don't ask any questions!"
                    The Princess doesn't drink coffee, so that's left to me. But you can sip my brew in faith, Pondy. Jesus also said of His disciples, "If they should drink anything deadly, it will not harm them."

Comment

Last storm & power outage reminded us to get an old fashioned percolator so we could have coffee the next time it happens. When at the store yesterday, I looked to see what they had to offer & seems most everyone is using the K-cup type coffee makers, at least if their coffee inventory was any indication. I was beginning to think they didn't have any regular ground coffee until I got way down the shelf & found a small section of ground coffee. Not a lot of selection either.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

How about the worst cup of coffee? The U.S. Army!
                        In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
                          How about the worst cup of coffee? The U.S. Army!
                          Thanks, RC, for taking the spotlight off of me.

First place runner-up is the U.S. Navy. Every sailor knows the drain system from the head runs to the galley.
                          Last edited by gun sane; 07-13-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Yeah, my squadron brewed one pot of coffee a day. Long about 6pm it was pretty rank.....
                            W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
                            NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Working...
                            X