Pastalaya anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pastalaya anyone?

Had a new dish tonight- never heard of it before Pastalaya- think "Jumbalaya"...except with pasta instead of rice.
    Number one son brought it home with him-it was very good. This batch had chicken, beef, and sausage in it. Pretty spicy, a little on the warm side for me- but very good.
    Will dine on that again.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Sounds interesting. Got a recipe for that? I'd be interested in that.

I make a dish called Gumbalaya. Also on the warm side but easily kicked up to hot. It is a gumbo along with a jambalaya sauce with rice.
    A big scoop of gumbo in a bowl topped with a heaping scoop of the jambalaya sauce and rice mixture. I serve it with 2 baguettes, cut lengthwise and toasted.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

No, I do not have a recipe - but its just basically Jumbalaya- with pasta.
      Yep, I have been a gumbo fan since my first bowl.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Be careful with that stuff! In large portions, it'll make you pick guitar, fill fruit jar, and be gay-o.
        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Thanks Brojohn!

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

It does sound good. But my dentures give me fits with noodles. Macaroni works and egg noodles but not things like ramen. Might stay with rice. Mayge I should try jumbalaya on a baked potato.
            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Does sound good. We have dishes similar in this neck of the woods. You can work a lot of variations with rice, pasta or noodles.
              Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Working...
              X