Early Voting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Voting

So, She and Me went to the Library for early voting yesterday (day 2 10am).

Observing the line out of the voting room, across the large foyer, out to the street and two blocks down the sidewalk, with social distancing groups of 2 to 4. Probably 250 to 300 voters .

We decided to choose another day and went on to our other errands.
    Long story short, jab is a male.
    Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

I rarely have to stand in line here in rural Alabama, when I do it's short.
    I'm ready though- can't wait.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I voted yesterday. In the past, it's been done at the County Court House & I've never had to wait for more than one or two voters. This time, was surprised to find a parking space close to the front door, but sign at the door redirected me to the "Civic Center". When I drove up, there was a short line to the door, so figured this won't be too bad. Took about 10 minutes to get inside, to find that the line went across the front area, around the corner & down a hall, to the door where the voting was! I'd guess there was over 100 there. There was no social distancing & very few masks! There were double the number of machines from years past, so it was going pretty well. Probably took an hour total. Had a good visit with a couple folks near me & expressed surprise about masks not being required! Both of them said they haven't worn a mask since the scare started. If a business gave them grief, they just didn't do business there!

I'm hoping a large turnout is favorable for republicans. Judging from the good response Trump is getting at his rallies & little to no response at Biden's, I'd think it's a good sign.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I fill out the mail-in ballot every year. Then hand carry it to the early voting polls, bypass the lines and go directly to the guard at the secured drop box. he or she verifies all are signed and dated then I drop them in. No worries about lost mail or standing in line.
        In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
          I fill out the mail-in ballot every year. Then hand carry it to the early voting polls, bypass the lines and go directly to the guard at the secured drop box. he or she verifies all are signed and dated then I drop them in. No worries about lost mail or standing in line.
          I keep telling my in-laws to do this. They will vote in person on election day as they always have.

BTW... I voted today. Watched a poll worker toss a man out of line for wearing a "BYEDON" cap. He went back to his car to put it up, then got upset that he had to go to the back of the line.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by TuxAir View Post
            BTW... I voted today. Watched a poll worker toss a man out of line for wearing a "BYEDON" cap. He went back to his car to put it up, then got upset that he had to go to the back of the line.
            I don't think that's right. I mean, it's hilarious that he got punted but I think people should be able to freely express that they're stupid.
            "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
              I don't think that's right. I mean, it's hilarious that he got punted but I think people should be able to freely express that they're stupid.
              You are right about being able to express their opinions and intelligence but it is against election law to have signs and campaign materials and clothing within 100 feet of polling places. And I agree with this.... it is long standing law.

However in the Kingdom of Michigan ruled by Queen Whitmer, our lord and master, the Secretary of State just published election guidance that says that the open carry of firearms is to be prohibited. There is NO law regarding this and it has been a long standing practice for many 2A supporters to open carry when voting. I believe in OC, I OC all the time on my bikes, and occasionally going about my normal activities but voting I have always CC'd. This year that is going to change and I'm going to OC to vote on November 3rd. We vote in a small rural community center and while I don't know the election officials we recognize them and I believe they remember us from election to election. It will be interesting to see what happens when I come in sporting my AC Trophy. The SOS is telling the inspectors to call the police. The sheriff is a Democrat but I don't know his feelings on 2A rights. We just had a dust up when our Township proposed an ordinance banning shooting firearms. 200+ people attended the meeting and the proposal was removed from the agenda at the start of the meeting so we have a strong 2A community.

The Michigan firearms community is "on fire" because of this over reach of authority.... Lord Whitmer's executive orders on Covid have been struck down by the courts. I believe there will be lawsuits filed on Monday asking for an injunction.

Excerpt from the SOS guidance for election officials. This was just added on October 16th.
              • The open carry of a firearm is prohibited in a polling place or within 100 feet of a polling place. A person may leave a firearm inside a vehicle parked within 100 feet of the building when visiting these locations if otherwise permitted by law. Concealed carry of a firearm is prohibited in any building that prohibits concealed carry unless an individual is authorized by the building to do so. Election inspectors should contact law enforcement immediately if these prohibitions are violated.

Article about the instructions.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...92T1m4SLPHKUhM

The most dangerous part for me to OC to vote is going to be Sue. She is dead set against me doing it. She is afraid my vote won't be counted, I'll end up in jail, I'm just "looking" for trouble. Blah, blah, blah. I could end up dead before the election and then I will be voting for Biden!

I have nightmares about this happening:

Susan goes up to Pastor Brian after his Sunday morning service, and she’s in tears.

He says, “So what’s bothering you, Susan?”

She says, “Oh, Pastor, I’ve got terrible news. Glenn passed away last night.”

The priest says, “Oh, Susan, that’s terrible. Did he say anything before he died?”

She says, “That he did …… ”

The priest says, “What did he say Susan?”

She says, “He said, ‘Please Susan, put down that damn gun…”

Comment

To my knowledge, the poll is off limits to concealed or open carry in Texas, since CC was adopted. Hasn't been an issue for me, because the sheriff is there for security. They were all over the place this year, I guess because of the expected large crowd.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                  To my knowledge, the poll is off limits to concealed or open carry in Texas, since CC was adopted. Hasn't been an issue for me, because the sheriff is there for security. They were all over the place this year, I guess because of the expected large crowd.
                  Hmm. I just got back from voting. I didn't see a 3006 or 3007 sign. Also no Sheriffs or any other officers around. It was less than half a block from the police station though.
                  "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

I've never seen a 3006 or 3007 sign either, but state says no. 'Course, concealed means concealed, so unless you use it, who'll know?

PS. I guess maybe the sheriffs being present may be a county thing. In past elections, when it was small & at the court house, there was usually only one where you register in. This time there were 2, one out side the door & one inside where you register. Then on the way out, saw 2 more in their car, I think having lunch.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

We (wife & I) just voted in Ohio. Requested a mail-in ballot a month ago, filled it out and dropped it off today at the Cleveland Board of Elections. Sat in a car line that crawled for 15 minutes from getting off the highway to drive past the BOE. There was a nice long line of in-person voters, even with the light rain. Line was probably 500' long.
                      Not that it mattered, but I carried in the car.
                      Also, saw a guy with a "Black Voters Matter" t-shirt. First intelligent shirt I've seen in weeks.

Comment

Voted a couple weeks ago by mail in Texas. Harris County, Houston, has tracking system and they can verify votes now but not count until early voting closes. Ours got in and are acceptable. Nice to know, but Houston now very blue. The state in real danger of flipping. Is scary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

It took us 40 minutes to get to the voting machine at the public library today. Heretofore we usually breezed through in 5. There was a gal sitting in a lawn chair the required minimum distance from the poll with a sign saying, "Information on Democrat Candidates." Even the flies were ignoring her.
                          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

We voted this a.m. ....in line 15 min early and OTD 8:15.

Nice officials they called her Ma'am and me Sir.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I slept like a baby last night since casting my vote all the pressures of the world are lifted off my shoulders and and the outcome is now kismet.

As a reward for a job well done I put on a Mississippi Pot Roast for this evenings meal, it will be ready @ 5:30 pm and we won't watch the debate.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                              X