Charity Scams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charity Scams

Seems a scammer posed as a Trump family member & received thousands of $$. While not a charity, I think the same thing can happen with charities & since I'm not smart enough to vet them, I generally will not donate to any on line cause. Same goes for all those $19 per month charities on TV.

https://home.suddenlink.net/news/rea.../vendor/Newser
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

I don't ever bite on those TV scams. I stick strictly to helping an exiled Nigerian prince get his money out of the country.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
      I don't ever bite on those TV scams. I stick strictly to helping an exiled Nigerian prince get his money out of the country.
      I got a sweet offer on a loan from someone named Ekel Onufri Anatolievich the other day. You and I are cruising toward easy street.

Comment

While not a scam, I sometimes get calls to contribute to the local or state police associations. They are valid campaigns, but I will always refuse as they are paid solicitors: I go straight to our county sheriff's department for donations: to the county no-kill animal shelter, protective vests (and toys) for their K-9 unit, and to the deputies. I want every penny to count and not siphoned off to a paid solicitor. They understand and appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by RJF View Post
          While not a scam, I sometimes get calls to contribute to the local or state police associations. They are valid campaigns, but I will always refuse as they are paid solicitors: I go straight to our county sheriff's department for donations: to the county no-kill animal shelter, protective vests (and toys) for their K-9 unit, and to the deputies. I want every penny to count and not siphoned off to a paid solicitor. They understand and appreciate.

The phone calls you get may be legit, but I get a scam call, claiming to be for the "police association". It's a yankee, named Lee & when I ban the phone number, he just calls back on a different number. Betcha I've banned him more than a dozen times. He's gotta be an idiot if he thinks I'd give him a dime, after harassment like that.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Sometimes i just string them along with false, misleading, confusing and funny conversation until they give up and hang up.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

When the phone rings I say hello I never say yes after they say is this so and so. Then I yell excuse me, sir don't touch that body forensics is on its way. Then back to the caller, how long have you known the deceased at this number. And would you mind telling me where you were between 12:00 midnight last night and 6:00 in the morning. I play this whole scenario up until the caller gets so nervous they hang up. I tell him if they hang up I might have this call traced.

No l, I'm not impersonating an officer, the whole time all I'm doing is talking about a dead roach laying next to the doorway. LOL this works.

Sometimes I get a fool who's not listening to anything and with all this going on they keep trying to sell me their crap. I say yes, you are my suspect. Then I hang up.

From the the Mother-Ship via Tapatalk.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Sadly, most that I get are recorded & you have to press a number to talk to a person. I'm always suspicious about what I'm agreeing to when I press the number. I will try that the next time "lee" calls me for a donation to the police association.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Marty got tired of Sears calling about installing siding on our house. Didn't matter that they'd been told numerous times that our house was brick veneer! So one time, she led them on about being really interested in it, but they'd have to talk to her husband. They asked about when they could call to do that. She told them, as soon as he gets out of prison, I'll have him call you. They never called back!

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
                  X