The Way It Was

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Way It Was

I've heard there has to be some basis in fact for a joke to be funny. This video illustrates that. This guy goes on about what it was like when he grew up, 'before lawyers ruined America'.

https://1funny.com/the-america-i-grew-up-in-jeff-allen/
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Re: The Way It Was

Now that hit too close to my old home!

Yes, showing up with a bike helmet is embarrassing, but what if you're riding your sister's bike?

And what if you put a firecracker in a glass jar and watch from six inches away?

Lawn darts? How about BB gun wars that only ended when someone showed up with a pellet gun?

Thanks, mitchr, for a funny trip down painful memory lane.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Great video. When he was talking about pain, though, he didn't mention that one thing kids learned early was NO MEANS PAIN. Today kids don't know what no means.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Hey, that was funny. Sounds a bit like my childhood. My friends shot Roman Candles and bottle rockets at each other. Thanks to God, the worst injury was a few burns, melted hair and a broken pair of glasses. But we realized that could have been an eye, so we never had fireworks war again.

Comment

Wow Mitchr, two good ones in a row !! Good job !!!
          A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

We must of been neighbors. Same America where I grew up.
            Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

My Dad was away and my Mother called us for dinner/supper. I was doing my usual "acting" up and Mom said stop doing that at the table...Nope didn't stop so she threw a "spoon" at me which really was a FORK. It stuck me in my left wrist and she said "sorry" ha ha
              No damage just a little bloody from the tines

Comment

After I was full growed, my dad told me there were times he found out he'd punished me & I didn't deserve it (usually was getting the blame for something my brother did), but it didn't bother him 'cause he knew there were times I deserved it & didn't get caught.
                Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Too funny, the good old days. Luckily, we all survived.
                  Originally joined Bersa Talk 8-15-2008

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                    After I was full growed, my dad told me there were times he found out he'd punished me & I didn't deserve it (usually was getting the blame for something my brother did), but it didn't bother him 'cause he knew there were times I deserved it & didn't get caught.
                    Just saw this and it reminded me of the many times Dad would jokingly hit us kids and tell us "That's for nothing, what do you think you would get if you did something?"
                    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                    X