I'm sure glad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure glad

that I live in Texas.I see where both chicago and new york have already said they don't care what the SCOTUS have said.They are still going to ban guns.I just feel sorry for the people that have to live there.They don't know what its like to live in a free state. I have no desire to ever go to either place,in fact I don't ever plan on going north of the red river unless its just a short vacation to see my son and grandkids in KC.
    We won a big victory today in DC.sj :)

Re: I'm sure glad

Seems that Chicago's and New York's stand against the SCOTUS decision is anarchy - even treason - by government! But that's bam-bam's Chicago gangland politics and Schumer's and Hillary's NY politics. Why am I not surprised?

And who thinks anyone will do anything about it? After all SCOTUS has not guns and no executive powers to enforce it's orders but must rely on the Executive branch. So, let's see, who sits on top of that heap? Oh, yah - BHO.
    Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36 Also, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed" Luke 11:21

Comment

well be interesting to see what comes about. Their stepping on peoples rights. They can now be sued and hauled into court and ordered to follow the ruling.
      Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
        well be interesting to see what comes about. Their stepping on peoples rights. They can now be sued and hauled into court and ordered to follow the ruling.
        So let's take this to the next step. Chicago residents sue the City of Chicago for their right to have their guns. Let's say they prevail - all way to the SCOTUS based on this precedent issued today. SCOTUS orders Chicago to allow citizens to own guns in their home. Chicago says to take a hike because they are going to check every home for guns (forget the 4th Amendment - this is a "gun emergency" like happened in Katrina in NO) Who is going to stand up for the citizens now? The FBI, the military, the Cook County Sheriff's office or the Chicago police? None of the above!!! So the citizens rights won't be enforced - except by armed citizens who refuse to comply with the Chicago illegal actions. Where will this end?
        Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36 Also, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed" Luke 11:21

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
          Can a person get punitive damages in that type of suit? That'd get their attention, owing millions of $ in damages for denying citizens their rights. Thing is, they'd probably just raise taxes to pay it. Maybe better yet would be to give them some jail time. Then they could meet some of the sex offenders, they have jailed, up close & very personal!
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
            Can a person get punitive damages in that type of suit? That'd get their attention, owing millions of $ in damages for denying citizens their rights. Thing is, they'd probably just raise taxes to pay it. Maybe better yet would be to give them some jail time. Then they could meet some of the sex offenders, they have jailed, up close & very personal!
            Mitchr, fellow Texan. Just who would be ready, willing and able to actually collect those damages from the City of Chicago, for example. Who will show up at the bank to collect those funds and distribute them to the gun owners?

And the City officials would just take the money as taxes from the citizens whose rights to have guns have been ignored. Who is going to arrest the officials who don't act - in full contempt of the court - and put them in jail?

Watching how this is all going to play out will be very interesting!

Comment

You are right Txlaw1. The mayor is the equivalent of "commander in chief" of the police department. In Texas, we have the Texas Rangers which the Governor can call in to investigate other Texas law enforcement agencies & I assume they would have the power to arrest a mayor, police chief, etc. Does Illinois have such? Just like immigration laws, if you don't have the means or the will to enforce them, they don't mean diddley!!

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

i was always under the impression the elected sheriff was the baddest dude in town with jurisdiction over everyone. most chiefs of police, if not all, are appointed by either the mayor or city council.

someone can clarify this if i am wrong.

trailblazer
                Trying to use fact & logic to sway the opinion of someone with an agenda is a complete waste of time & energy.

Comment

I think you are right trailblazer. Texas' Texas Rangers are called in on the investigation of a suspected crime by other law enforcemnt agencies, but I didn't know if they actually make the arrest or turn it over to another agency, such as a sheriff.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

The problem is the SCOTUS said we the people have a right, it's just subject to local or state restrictions. Justice Thomas basically said; you have a right under the 2nd. short and sweet ,no qualifications. This is how the framers intended it to be. I think it was Jefferson that said; Don't read too much into it (the Constitution) read it for what it says....something like that. I think he knew they would start twisting and turning the words around.
                    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
                    Ayn Rand

Comment

they will break down at some time and LET citizens own firearms.. but they will make it so difficult and expensive that no one will want to or afford to buy one.....
                      A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Originally posted by clag39 View Post
                        they will make it so difficult and expensive that no one will want to or afford to buy one.....
                        i believe that is what daley is planning right now
                        Barack Obama is the first politician I have ever known that has met or exceeded every one of my expectations. As bad as I thought he would be, I truly had no idea.

Comment

i am sure he is muddog..
                          A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Yup... Chicago is sure to be hit with a bout of 'fascism through regulation' when it comes to guns...

Comment

Originally posted by sjones View Post
                              I just feel sorry for the people that have to live there.
                              They choose to live there.

Bronson
                              Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X