Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If licensed to carry, will the Feds come get my gun?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If licensed to carry, will the Feds come get my gun?

As I've been talking with folk about getting a Concealed Handgun License (as it is called in Texas), I'm being asked questions like this --

If I have a CHL, the Feds will know I have a gun and come first to my house to confiscate it and put me in jail. If I don't have a CHL, I'll not be their target. What should I do?

So how are you answering such questions? I want some good responses to convince my friends of the benefits of carrying their guns concealed away from their homes to protect themselves and their loved ones and others.

Thanks for your help, Bersa Chat members.
    Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36 Also, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed" Luke 11:21

Re: If licensed to carry, will the Feds come get my gun?

Better to have a permit and carry, than not have one and carry. we are already on so many lists that I dont think one more matters. I suspect that when a person buys a gun and the seller calls for the background check you go into a data base, there are organization member lists--lots of lists.

Use the permit option while we can it has saved lives.

You might show them some of the news articles from the news feed section here. http://www.bersachat.com/forums/foru...RSS-News-Feeds
    Last edited by pondrast; 06-29-2010, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pondrast View Post
      Better to have a permit and carry, than not have one and carry. we are already on so many lists that I dont think one more matters. Use the permit option while we can it has saved lives.
      ^^^Agreed^^^
      Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
      Ayn Rand

Comment

You're probably on a list for posting here................
        "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Hell the fact that you posted here has got ya on the most wanted list!

Comment

PHM and I are Siamese twins joined at the booger..

Comment

Originally posted by Mason View Post
              Hell the fact that you posted here has got ya on the most wanted list!
              Jinx. You owe me a candy bar.
              "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

I have friends who are so paranoid, they won't buy from a dealer. They only purchase guns through private FTF transactions. Personally, I think that if it ever came to the government attempting to disarm all citizens, whether your name is on a list or no... you won't be safe. Jackboots will be kicking down every door. I'd rather have the right to carry anywhere because you can never know where and when a SHTF moment will happen.

Comment

You can have one of my Snickers... But I'm saving my Big Hunk for the ladies..

Comment

interesting take on it but i imagine purchasing the firearm you are already on the list
                    leads me to another question i've had....

its commonplace in many states/areas that if you are involved in a shooting incident they take your firearm and also clear out your gun safe and basicly leave you defenseless..... should you have the option and the time should you call wifey or whoever and have them clear it out before the cops come....hide the guns?

i've had this happen to me....but thankfully they only cleared out the 1 safe and missed the second.....had no warning and no way to do anything as i was already handcuffed... the guns they took with them all came back after i was cleared and thankfully all of my 'never registered' firearms were in the 2nd safe and thus still have no record...

were it a katrina situation and they were taking weapons would you hide the go0d stuff and leave a few 22's or somethin in the safe so they would take em and leave or fight the police/gov't?

i'm big on making hiding places false panels and such and just wondered if anyone else had considered those options rather than complete surrender of your firearms or bloody fight to the death?
                    Barack Obama is the first politician I have ever known that has met or exceeded every one of my expectations. As bad as I thought he would be, I truly had no idea.

Comment

they would have a hard time finding my hiding spots......
                      A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Secret hiding places for a gun? *shifty eyes* Don't know what you're talking about... but if I had *gives knowing nod* built a hidden safe near impossible to find... I wouldn't say *wink wink*

Comment

If you have filled out a 4473 to buy a gun your on a list. All they would need to do, would go to dealers pick up papers and start going to the address . I would hope they would find Armed citizens standing on the streets waiting . Similar thing happened long ago in a place called Lexington Mass . Government dogs ran in to armed citizens their. Later they begin having a really bad day from lots of armed citizens .
                          People look at Afghan Call them terrorist or what ever but they are Armed citizens and we can't seem to get them under control With all our military . Think if the people here went in revolt they could really control a few million armed citizens. How many of out Military police and others come over.

If a million or more unarmed people marched on Washington in protest and took control by shear numbers of the capital building and THREW out the congress and senators . Telling them its over we could have a new government. We could bring down this present government by shear numbers Their would be people killed and fighting . But the more that came the better the chances. Unarmed or poorly armed people all through history have taken back their country . Look at Thailand they have forced their so called leader to call for new elections They lost lives in fights with military but they have prevailed .
                          Trouble is here in USA can't get people to turn of the TV sports or other silly shows Put down the beer and do anything. So we the 300 million + remain a control population. Controlled by less than 550 people . Most of who need a close life altering experience with a tree or lamp post. That would help them see thing in a different light.
                          Our founders are crying in their graves . They gave us a near perfect form of government and it has been taken away by a few hundred.
                          Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

well said MT
                            A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Yes, very well said indeed.. Makes me proud to have you as our leader here.

Comment

Working...
                              X