Obama toady gibbs admits dems could lose this november

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama toady gibbs admits dems could lose this november

and says dems need strong campaigns. I dont think strong campaigns or anything else they could do would sway most of us . They have shown the country what they are and they are not Americans as most of America construes Americans.
    http://townhall.com/news/politics-el...uld_lose_house

President Barack Obama's party could lose its House majority in this fall's elections, his spokesman said Sunday, perhaps trying to jolt Democratic voters with the specter of GOP lawmakers rolling back White House policies.

"I think there's no doubt there are enough seats in play that could cause Republicans to gain control. There's no doubt about that," press secretary Robert Gibbs told NBC's "Meet the Press."

Democrats now hold a 255-178 edge in the House, with two vacancies in the 435-member chamber. Anywhere from 40 to perhaps 60 House seats could be competitive by the fall. Republicans would need to take back about 40 seats to slip into the majority, placing the current GOP leader, Ohio Rep. John Boehner, in line to replace Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., as speaker.

Those House Democrats who won election for the first time in 2008 in conservative leaning districts as part of the Obama wave are particularly vulnerable this fall, given that the president is not on the ballot.

Gibbs said retaining House control would depend on strong campaigns by Democrats. "I think we have to take the issues to them," he said, adding that the primary argument would be how Republicans would govern as the majority party.

His remarks could be intended to light a fire under Democrats who are dispirited after about 18 months of Obama's presidency and motivate them to work hard to maintain their majorities in both the House and Senate. The party in power typically loses seats in the first midterm elections under a president, and Democrats are defending a slew of districts they picked up in 2006 and 2008.

The White House also could be working to lower expectations in case Democrats do lose the House majority.

Gibbs hit again on points that Obama has touched on in recent fundraising appearances: Texas Rep. Joe Barton's apology to BP for being pushed to set up a $20 billion fund for damages from the Gulf oil spill and Boehner's remark that suggested the effort to regulate Wall Street in the wake of the financial meltdown was tantamount to "killing an ant with a nuclear weapon."

"I think that's a perfect window not into what people are thinking but the way they would govern," Gibbs said. "Joe Barton, John Boehner, those are the types of things you'll hear a lot I think from both the president and from local candidates about what you'll get if the Republicans were to gain control."

Re: Obama toady gibbs admits dems could lose this november

It's a set up! They're starting to campaign for November... not that they ever stopped.
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Comment

Just remember all house seats are up, Reelect no one . They gave then selves pay raise but none for people on SSN just tossed a $250 bone While they raised their pay several $1000. Have they closed the border added more people to boarder patrol or ICE Have they really done any good since last election NO VOTE ALL THE SOB'S OUT NO MATTER PARTY. Its time for a house cleaning both parties need to feel the attack from fed up citizens .
      Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Make Gibb's prediction come true by sending them all packing, tail between their legs. If we don't now, we probably will not be able to in the future.
        Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36 Also, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed" Luke 11:21

Comment

"Strong campaigns" is code words for LYING in democrat lingo! Don't believe anything they say. Same goes for most republicans. Check their voting records!!
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

They even canceled the $250 bone MT! Congress said they couldn't afford it!!

Actually, they can't afford it. Same as they couldn't afford the bank bailouts, auto manufacturer bailouts or the nobamacare, much less their raises!
            Last edited by mitchr; 07-11-2010, 08:12 PM.
            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

After 19 months, the Republican's still don't have a plan. The RNC and the DNC are like unions, they control the politicians. The Elitist are in their little bubble up in D.C. and have lost total touch with reality.
              Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
              Ayn Rand

Comment

The conservatives will have to make their message be about jobs, growing the economy, and securing the border. The libs will just throw money at it and say whatever they think will fool the voters again. Of course, there is a good portion of the population who like the way things are going. I think they are still the minority though.

Comment

Working...
                X