Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017 *** 2018 UPDATE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017 *** 2018 UPDATE

    I just got the increase notice from my insurance. I am self employed and I am the only person on my policy. I had good insurance with reasonable limits and deductibles before Obamacare. Now it totally sucks. My premium started out about the same but the benefits went down while the limits and deductibles sky rocketed. Was 20% co-pay. Now 30% co-pay. Was $2500 max out of pocket for the year, now $6600. Crestor was $200 for 3 months, went to $700 for 3 months .... I quit taking it. My first 3 months on Obamacare when I had to switch over cost me $6000 extra out of pocket than my former policy.

    My premium is up 19% for 2017 compared to 2016 = $1500 extra for the year. I'm still waiting for the $2500/year savings that Obama promised. Oh and the part about keeping my primary care doctor?? Nope. They switched me and I had to fight for 3 months to keep the doctor that my dad, wife, and I had been using for 15 years.

    I'm praying for Trump to get elected and send the affordable care act to the trash heap.

    #2
    Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017

    I've read a couple news articles about that. The increase apparently is different by state & expected increases were 25% & some even higher. One theory was that this was the original plan. What they really wanted was 'single payer' health care, but knew that wouldn't happen, so they shoved obamacare thru, knowing that when the SHTF on premiums & reduced benefits, people would be glad to accept single payer health care as an alternative. Every rep/senator that voted for obamacare should be fired.

    Our only hope is that Trump wins & we keep a majority in House & Senate.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

    Certified Armed Infidel

    Right Wing Extremist

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017

      Our premiums more than doubled.
      Certified Armed Infidel
      كافر

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017

        Remember when that Pelosi 8!+(# said, "We have to pass this bill to see what's in it"? Obviously, what they knew all along that what was in it was a fetid, stinking pile of $#!+. It does nothing to address the real issues of why health care costs so much in the first place compared to other countries. Nothing concerning tort reform, pharmaceutical executive compensation or allowing true competition in the marketplace. Witness the recent EpiPen debacle.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017

          Originally posted by LDM View Post
          Remember when that Pelosi 8!+(# said, "We have to pass this bill to see what's in it"? Obviously, what they knew all along that what was in it was a fetid, stinking pile of $#!+. It does nothing to address the real issues of why health care costs so much in the first place compared to other countries. Nothing concerning tort reform, pharmaceutical executive compensation or allowing true competition in the marketplace. Witness the recent EpiPen debacle.
          Agree that it does nothing to reduce cost, but don't sucked into the liberal left argument about Exec Comp. The Epipen debacle is nothing but greed gone amuck. That is different from Exec Comp. It is up to the company's stockholders to reward (or punish) the C execs. Remember, the stockholders can benefit many times what the C execs get.

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017

            Originally posted by mitchr View Post
            I've read a couple news articles about that. The increase apparently is different by state & expected increases were 25% & some even higher. One theory was that this was the original plan. What they really wanted was 'single payer' health care, but knew that wouldn't happen, so they shoved obamacare thru, knowing that when the SHTF on premiums & reduced benefits, people would be glad to accept single payer health care as an alternative. Every rep/senator that voted for obamacare should be fired.

            Our only hope is that Trump wins & we keep a majority in House & Senate.
            Bingo. This.

            Obamacare was designed to fail. Hillarys job is to foul it up past fixing then move to single payer.
            You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017

              Self employed myself. Have Blue Cross Blue Shield.
              Over 500 month for just me.
              1500 deductible, 15 copay.
              I see a doctor maybe once every 5 years so they like me im sure.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017

                Another good thing about being retired, I don't have to worry about that BS. I have medicare A&B & my VA satisfies nobamacare requirements. Marty has A & B & Blue Cross supplement. Her Blue Cross went up a few $$ this year. Medicare, by law, can't go up more than what cost of living increase we get on SS. We didn't get any this year & I think we're getting a whopping .7% increase for 2017! New medicare enrollees are going to get hard, from what I've read because they aren't protected by the cost of living law.
                Think Green.......Recycle Congress

                Certified Armed Infidel

                Right Wing Extremist

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017

                  I have insurance through my work, but I've been hit too. Before OC, my employer completely paid for my coverage. We had $5 copays for doctor, pharmacy, and specialists. ER was $50 flat, and hospital stay was $50. Now office visits are $20, specialists are $45, pharmacy has $500 deductible then I pay $20/$40 copay. ER and Hospital has a separate $100 copay and $500 deductible, then I pay 20%. Plus I have to pay $200/mo on top of what my employer pays or I get the bottom tier insurance which sucks more than an F5 Tornado. I've switched to buying my prescriptions outright because they are usually cheaper than the copays.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017 *** 2018 UPDATE

                    Originally posted by Pond Scum View Post
                    I just got the increase notice from my insurance. I am self employed and I am the only person on my policy. I had good insurance with reasonable limits and deductibles before Obamacare. Now it totally sucks. My premium started out about the same but the benefits went down while the limits and deductibles sky rocketed. Was 20% co-pay. Now 30% co-pay. Was $2500 max out of pocket for the year, now $6600. Crestor was $200 for 3 months, went to $700 for 3 months .... I quit taking it. My first 3 months on Obamacare when I had to switch over cost me $6000 extra out of pocket than my former policy.

                    My premium is up 19% for 2017 compared to 2016 = $1500 extra for the year. I'm still waiting for the $2500/year savings that Obama promised. Oh and the part about keeping my primary care doctor?? Nope. They switched me and I had to fight for 3 months to keep the doctor that my dad, wife, and I had been using for 15 years.

                    I'm praying for Trump to get elected and send the affordable care act to the trash heap.
                    Well, Trump was elected and still the "Affordable Health Care" law is still in place. 2018 is WORSE THAN THE INCREASE FOR 2017.

                    for 2018 my Premium is up 42.5%, my deductible is up 62.5%, and my maximum out of pocket is up 12% or more. Oh, they tacked on a $500/day inpatient charge. They added on extra fees for doctor visits.

                    I'm guessing my added expense will be $5000 - $6000 more per year if I stay healthy! Un - ff'en - believable!

                    If I go to the hospital for a few days it will be $10 - $12K more a year.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017 *** 2018 UPDATE

                      Originally posted by Pond Scum View Post
                      I'm guessing my added expense will be $5000 - $6000 more per year if I stay healthy! Un - ff'en - believable!
                      Until the GOP (Grandstanding Old Party) grows a pair and repeals the ACA, you might have to sell Sue's Gold Wing and buy yourself another year. Oh, it might be a good idea to sell her guns, too.....or lock them up, anyway.
                      Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017 *** 2018 UPDATE

                        I suspect obamacare is doing just like they expected. You're having to pay for the ones that are getting it for free.
                        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

                        Certified Armed Infidel

                        Right Wing Extremist

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017 *** 2018 UPDATE

                          Our premium went up about 38%. The “true” premium and the subsidy both went way up. Won’t be long till consumers are paying as much as before O-care.

                          All that subsidy money, $20T of debt, what can go wrong?
                          Certified Armed Infidel
                          كافر

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017 *** 2018 UPDATE

                            I want to reply but what can I say, it's not old age that's killing me, it's the premium increase every year. Before Obummer Care it was about $250.00 a year. Now it's about $700.00 every year extra. The OPM said the extra fees are about 90% Affordable Care Act and 10% basic increase. WOW

                            All three of us have Medicare A and B (Dee Dee gets my medicare) and our drug and back up insurance is federal blue. That plan cost about $600.00 a MONTH! and the feds are paying about $550.00 a month. $13,800.00 a year. Pluss we pay two Medicare premiums. 2018 my wife's annuity take home will be adjusted to $6.00 after all insurances are deducted. Did I say I'm retired...OH, I guess so TuxAir has it in red neon!

                            Now I need to take my BP, HR, O2, and BPS level to see if I'm still alive.
                            In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017 *** 2018 UPDATE

                              Best decision I ever made was to get set up with the VA. I have medicare A & B for emergencies, but the VA takes care of anything else with a co-pay from me that is less than if I used medicare. Marty has A, B & D with Blue Cross supplement & so far, only complaints are the "donut hole" & some bureaucrat deciding medicare shouldn't cover one of her prescriptions. That decision cost us an additional $100 per month & does not count toward deductible or help get her out of the donut hole.
                              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

                              Certified Armed Infidel

                              Right Wing Extremist

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X