Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lotsa arrests as protestors clamor for illegals rights.............rights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lotsa arrests as protestors clamor for illegals rights.............rights?

PHOENIX — Opponents of Arizona's immigration crackdown went ahead with protests Thursday despite a judge's ruling that delayed enforcement of most the law, and dozens of people in Phoenix were arrested after peacefully confronting officers in riot gear.

Arizona is the nation's epicenter of illegal immigration, with more than 400,000 undocumented residents. The state's border with Mexico is awash with smugglers and drugs that funnel narcotics and immigrants throughout the U.S., and supporters of the new law say the influx of illegal migrants drains vast sums of money from hospitals, education and other services.

three part associated press article on the protests here http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ation-law.html

Outside the state Capitol, hundreds of protesters began marching at dawn, gathering in front of the federal courthouse where Bolton issued her ruling on Wednesday. They marched on to the office of Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who has made a crackdown on illegal immigration one of his signature issues.

Sheriff Joe had plans for those who became disruptive. Arpaio vowed to go ahead with a crime sweep targeting illegal immigrants. It was Phoenix police who made most the early arrests, but other protests were planned later in front of a county jail.

"My deputies will arrest them and put them in pink underwear," Arpaio said, referring to one of his odd methods of punishment for prisoners. "Count on it."
    Last edited by pondrast; 07-29-2010, 07:46 PM.

Re: lotsa arrests as protestors clamor for illegals rights.............rights?

good, arrest them all and have their rights taken away for being un-American. it'll give them all yet another arrest on record they must live with.
    save your brass, i'll take it!!

brass and ammo donations accepted.

Comment

Re: lotsa arrests as protestors clamor for illegals rights.............rights?

I think Sheriff Joe should be put in charge of the immigration problem in Arizona and i would bet he would have it solved in no tima at all.

Comment

Working...
      X