Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donít Look Now But Black Unemployment Is Nearing An All Time Low!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donít Look Now But Black Unemployment Is Nearing An All Time Low!

Don’t Look Now But Black Unemployment Is Nearing An All Time Low!

Here’s a story you were very unlikely to see on CNN, MSNBC, in the New York Times or the Washington Post. As much as low unemployment numbers are a non-story for much of the MSM as long as there’s a Republican in the White House, one specific segment of the employment forces is making inroads rarely, if ever, seen before. Unemployment among black Americans has been hovering at or just above seven percent for past couple of months. That’s still shamefully worse than the overall unemployment figure, but to put it in context, it’s also very close to the best it’s been since Nixon was in office. (CNS News)

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/...ring-time-low/

Another benefit of the Trump effect! Cutting regulations, stopping Obama's war on coal, lowering taxes and immediately companies giving bonuses and raises, reversing Obama Federal Land Grabs .... the list goes on and on.

The amazing part is Trump got all this accomplished with the media, the Democrats and the Republicans all fighting him every step of the way.

And this is just the beginning. We need jobs, and not just service industry jobs. We need good paying jobs in factories. We need to bring manufacturing back on to US soil AND the lower corporate tax rate will help do this!

SEVEN MORE YEARS!
    Last edited by Pond Scum; 12-21-2017, 08:29 AM.

Re: Donít Look Now But Black Unemployment Is Nearing An All Time Low!

I don't doubt that employment is improved, but we used to cite a different statistic in past years to show that "real" unemployment was something like 10-20%. What's that "real" number now?
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Comment

We have had record numbers of democrats not re-applying for unemployment here in Alabama.
      This was due to a "temporary rule" expiring that allowed some to apply for unemployment compensation XXXXXXXXXX
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Edit: Correction... my bad. That is not correct. My memory has failed me......

....it was not an unemployment rule that changed but a Food Stamp rule. 85% drop in food stamp use in 13 counties. All but 2 counties dropped after a work requirement was put in place.
      However- unemployment also dropped to it s lowest since 2008.
      Last edited by brojohn; 12-21-2017, 12:34 PM.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by John_R View Post
        I don't doubt that employment is improved, but we used to cite a different statistic in past years to show that "real" unemployment was something like 10-20%. What's that "real" number now?
        I agree we need to look at that ..... the unemployment rate is bogus ... but it gets all the media attention and Obummer was always bragging about it as more people quit looking for jobs it improved his number.

Trump Effect:
        http://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx...2FP/index.html

Info on "Real Employment"

https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-t...t-rate-3306198

Comment

The U3 number the government loves to use is bogus. The U6 number is more realistic. It was at 8.0 as of November 2017.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Well, technically I'm unemployed.
            W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
            NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Working...
            X