Whats this suspected pirates garbage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats this suspected pirates garbage

What is this SUSPECTED PIRATES GARBAGE They attack a American navy ship they should be treading water as the Navy sails away ,Guilty!!!! as a pirate

By BRIAN MURPHY, Associated Press Writer Brian Murphy, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 58 mins ago
    DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – A U.S. warship captured six suspected pirates Saturday after a battle off the Horn of Africa — the Navy's third direct encounter with seafaring bandits in less than two weeks.
    The Navy has taken at least 21 suspected pirates since March 31 in the violence-plagued waters off Somalia and nearby regions, where U.S. warships are part of an international anti-piracy flotilla.
    A statement by the U.S. Navy said the suspected pirates began shooting at the amphibious dock landing ship USS Ashland just before dawn about 380 miles (610 kilometers) off Djibouti, a small nation facing Yemen across the mouth of the Red Sea.
    The Navy said the Ashland returned fire and the suspected pirate skiff was destroyed. All six people on board were rescued and taken aboard the Ashland.
    The Ashland suffered no injuries or damage in the second recent attack on a U.S. warship by suspected pirates.
    On March 31, the frigate USS Nicholas exchanged fire with a suspected pirate vessel west of the Seychelles, sinking their skiff and confiscating a mother ship. Five suspected pirates were captured.
    On Monday, the destroyer USS McFaul responded to the distress call from a merchant vessel and captured 10 other suspected pirates.
    The Navy said it was reviewing "multiple options" on the suspects' fates.
    Some suspected pirates have been turned over to Kenya for trial, but there has been some reluctance by African nations to become a center for prosecutions. In December, the Dutch government released 13 suspected Somali pirates after the European Union failed to find a country willing to prosecute them.
    One of the suspected pirates accused of attacking the U.S.-flagged merchant ship Maersk Alabama last year is facing trial in the United States.
    At the United Nations, Russia has introduced a draft resolution to the U.N. Security Council that calls for strengthening the international legal system to ensure captured Somali pirates do not escape punishment.
    In Turkey, a news agency reported Saturday that Somali pirates have abandoned a commandeered Turkish ship.
    The Dogan agency quoted Fatih Kabal, an official of Bergen Shipping based in Istanbul, as saying the pirates left the MV Yasin C, which was seized Wednesday 250 miles (400 kilometers) off the Kenyan coast.
    Kabal said the crew had locked themselves in the engine room and realized that the pirates had left the ship on Friday. He said crew members, who were unharmed, took the damaged ship to the Kenyan port of Mombasa.
    Somali pirates have been known to give up on ships they believe have no ransom value, such as vessels owned or hired by Somali traders.
    Meanwhile, the owner of a hijacked supertanker has begun negotiations for the ship's release, a South Korean Foreign Ministry official said on condition of anonymity, citing the sensitivity of the talks. Repeated calls to the vessel operator, South Korea-based Samho Shipping, seeking comment went unanswered on Saturday night. The vessel is owned by a Singaporean company.
    A South Korean naval destroyer that had been monitoring the ship began sailing away from the pirates Saturday and heading back toward the Gulf of Aden after the pirates warned the sailors not to come any closer.
    Authorities say Somali pirates hijacked the 300,000-ton Samho Dream in the Indian Ocean on April 4. The ship was transporting crude oil worth about $160 million from Iraq to the U.S. with a crew of 24 South Koreans and Filipinos.
    More than a dozen ships and their crew are believed to be currently held by pirates off the lawless coast of Somalia.
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Let's see, in less than a year, we can't nuke them. We have to give them a few day's notice and tell them exactly where we are going. We will send them to America and give them a civil (as in civilian) trial. We will prosecute to the fullest extent in a military tribunal, if someone gets a bloody nose............ I'm sorry MT, what was the question again?
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Comment

I hope the pirates attack Texas because according to the Articles of Confederation, each state has the right to protect itself against pirates. And you know Texas would do something.
      Certified Armed Infidel
      "If you want to get to heaven, you've got to raise a little hell." Ozark Mountain Daredevils
      "What are you going to do? Talk the alien to death?" Sigourney Weaver in "Alien"

Comment

Originally posted by PB&J View Post
        I hope the pirates attack Texas because according to the Articles of Confederation, each state has the right to protect itself against pirates. And you know Texas would do something.
        I'm not really sure about that anymore, we aren't protecting our southern border. What is it with polititians? What don't they understand about sovreignty?

Bill
        Last edited by R.Ph. 380; 04-12-2010, 07:04 AM. Reason: Removed smiley advertisement
        W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
        NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Originally posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
          I'm not really sure about that anymore, we aren't protecting our southern border. What is it with polititians? What don't they understand about sovreignty?

Bill
          Oh, politicians understand sovreinty it is what they say it is when they say it is. forget the Constitution. Fortunately, some patriotic citizens and their governors are waking up and realizing that sovereinty (sp?) is, first, a state and not a federal domain.
          Certified Armed Infidel
          "If you want to get to heaven, you've got to raise a little hell." Ozark Mountain Daredevils
          "What are you going to do? Talk the alien to death?" Sigourney Weaver in "Alien"

Comment

My middle daughter, married to a Marine Captain, is working as an intern for the Naval Postgraduate School in CA. Her position is doing research on piracy so as to allow a policy to be proposed for the US to deal with this.

Bottom line: Don't hold you breath while waiting for a policy to appear or be implemented by the US. In fact, you might want to go med school or something while we wait.
            It is the Duty of a Patriot to Protect One's Country From Its Government.
            Thomas Paine

Comment

This all should fall under Maritime Law, it's worked for a few years now.
              Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
              Ayn Rand

Comment

simple pirates caught in act like attacking a boat (that not suspected ) should be executed then and their . That's way was done in olden times . Not taken some where for a slap on the wrist trial.
                Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Working...
                X